vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In-Car Navigation Systems

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team View Post
    There is a free update for the Garmin, if anyone is interested. I don't know how much more accurate it is, but at least they have the new '95 exit numbers correct now. You can order the CD from their website.

Do you have the link for that?

I think if you use the webupdater software it works easier but here is a link
    http://www8.garmin.com/unlock/update.jsp

Default Accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by Foxgloves View Post
    Whose maps are more accurate? Garmin, Magellan or TomTom?

Interesting segment on the Today show 3/4/08. ...
    I have the Garmin Nuvi 350 and have been very pleased with it. You can send caches to it with your USB cable via the Garmin Plug-in. I went moose hunting above Shin Pond this fall and was amazed that a lot of the woods roads were on the Unit. I'm not talking the Golden Road, I'm talking about 4 wheel drive goat paths so I was very impressed with that. On the down side when I headed to Sugarloaf Sunday from Augusta, the Nuvi wanted me to get back on 1-95 and drive to Waterville then Norridgewock, clearly a half hour longer then going up rte. 27 to route 2. The Nuvi was still strying to get me to go back to Waterville as I was going thru Rome on 27! But as far as accuracy, it's real good and like some of the other comments it's amazing how much detail these things have. They also have a feature showing your average speed, # of miles travelled and also your highest speed. I bet my folks would have "enjoyed" the high speed rating when I was a juvenile delinquent! I'd still be grounded. Loading the caches on the Nuvi can also save needless driving in circles trying to get a place to park nearest the cache, but not always. Still a great gadget for us old guys who would rather drive around in lost for an hour rather then stop for directions.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Here is an article that came out in a news site I read.
    It is a bit general but has some good info on buying a car GPS unit and some of the features.
    http://www.informationweek.com/news/...o=1&queryText=

Don't press enter on the first page, this is just an ad. you can wait 15 sec or press the link in the upper right corner to go to the article.

Red face we're going mainstream

Hiram bought a TomTom today.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Ooo which one

Wink the square one

Quote Originally Posted by Team Richards View Post
    Ooo which one
    TomTom One XL
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

very nice
    Now you can hear,

You are not on a road..

Quote Originally Posted by Team Richards View Post
    I think if you use the webupdater software it works easier but here is a link
    http://www8.garmin.com/unlock/update.jsp

Thanks. I do use the WebUpdater. I take it mine must be updates as I haven't seen any new software for it.

Default TomTom

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Hiram bought a TomTom today.
    Hopefully it has the ability to detect on coming traffic.....you know...save a jeep mode.