vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Verizon DSL

Default Verizon DSL

We just got Verizon internet. All this time on dial up meant missing all those video type posts that Haffy likes to torment me with. Hey I can even watch a pod cast now. We've been checking periodically but the high speed wasn't available in our area until now. So, what good to check out?
    Slowly but surely

Woo hoo for you - ya, gotta get the free download for Google Earth and check out your house! Plus other stuff of course.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Woo hoo for you - ya, gotta get the free download for Google Earth and check out your house! Plus other stuff of course.
    That's what I mean, thanks.
    Slowly but surely

zoom, zoom, zoom.............speed man! It's the only way to peruse the electronic highway! You will never go back to dial up. (unless someone breaks your arm)

Oh yes, and you can use places like photobucket.com to store pictures to upload to sites like the forums on GC.com....or to share with friends away in albums without emailing loads of pictures....what a difference. You will definitely enjoy! Congrats!

Default Dsl

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post
    We just got Verizon internet. All this time on dial up meant missing all those video type posts that Haffy likes to torment me with. Hey I can even watch a pod cast now. We've been checking periodically but the high speed wasn't available in our area until now. So, what good to check out?
    We've been waiting for DSL for years now....the chances are slim to nothing of ever getting it in Abbot....we just got sunlight a few years ago. Last week we solved the problem...WILD BLUE....not DSL but what a huge improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    We've been waiting for DSL for years now....the chances are slim to nothing of ever getting it in Abbot....we just got sunlight a few years ago. Last week we solved the problem...WILD BLUE....not DSL but what a huge improvement.
    Well, we can't get DSL in Orrington either but the cable company decided to string wire so we can get hi-speed. I have friends who live on Verona Island (connected with 2 bridges) and they are like Vic - no cable, no DSL. They are using Wild Blue and fairly happy.

I have heard that Hermon Maine is having hi-speed wireless put in town wide. They currently have, I think it's, dial up speed for everyone but I believe it's free.

Morning Everyone,
    Hey Fuddsgirls, How close are you to the Abbott bakery??? MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm!!!, My brother-in-law has a place in Abbott acouple of miles from the CCCCOOOOOOLLL waterfalls there!

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    Morning Everyone,
    Hey Fuddsgirls, How close are you to the Abbott bakery??? MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm!!!, My brother-in-law has a place in Abbott acouple of miles from the CCCCOOOOOOLLL waterfalls there!
    I think you have two people mixed up Vicbiker is the one from Abbott.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    Morning Everyone,
    I am far from the Abbott bakery..Where is Abbott? HA! We are in Bowdoinham.
    Slowly but surely