vb:literal>

Thread: Rechargeable batteries

Default Rechargeable batteries

How does everyone deal with there rechargeable batteries. I talking about when your not using them.

Do you leave them in the recharger charging until your ready to use them?
    Blazing Troll

I use the Eneloop rechargables by Sanyo and I just leave them in the battery holder I have. They hold their charge much longer than regular rechargables and work great.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

I agree with the Gob-ler,I purchased some Eneloops and love them. They keep their charge much longer than any other rechargeable I have purchased so far. I used to keep them right in the charger and when I went to use them they were always half charged. As soon as they are charged that's it til you used them and when they sit for any amount of time they will lose their charge. The Eneloops won't lose their charge like other rechargeables.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    I use the Eneloop rechargables by Sanyo and I just leave them in the battery holder I have. They hold their charge much longer than regular rechargables and work great.
    Does this charger stay "on" all the time? I used to leave my Energizer charger plugged in - with batteries in it - until one time when I realized that it was putting out a "lot" of heat, and therefore wasting my precious electricity.

Actually when the light goes out on my chargers they are fully charged. After that they just seem to lose their charge just sitting in the holder. The other rechargeables that is. The Eneloops will hold 80% of their charge for 6 months or better according to their claims and they seem to hold on to that.

The battery holder is just a plastic storage box that fits the batteries perfectly.

Here is a link to a great charger that really takes great care of rechargeable batteries.

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/m...ry-charger.php

Leaving them sitting in charge mode for an extended length of time is not good unless it is some sort of smart charger.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

I think mine are all smaht!!!!. Also MAHA has taken the same stance as Eneloop with their batteries and also they have some great chargers as well.

http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/Index.asp

My rechargable batteries came from the Shack and I have had the same 2 pairs since 2006. Use them right down to nothing and then charge them overnight. Take them out of the charger and store them in a 35mm film container in my caching bag. When we purchased the charger and batteries, they said it was not good to leave them charging any longer then when the light went out on the charger.

I went out and bought a new recharger tonight. It charges 4 AA or AAA batteries in 15 minutes. It is amazing. it has a cooling fan and a computerized charging system. No more waiting for three hours or longer for the batteries to charge.
    Blazing Troll

I charge mine in the car.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~