vb:literal>

Thread: Skowhegan River Fest

Hybrid View

Default Skowhegan River Fest

I just got off the phone with Denise LeBlanc, the director of the Skowhegan Parks and Rec Dep.
    She is coordinating activities for the River Fest, taking place in Skowhegan on June 27-29th, to bring attention to the riverfront area. They are having various activities (Kayaking, mountain biking, etc) and want to include geocaching. I will be out of the state that week and wonder if anyone local would be interested in giving a class, putting out one or two caches for people to try, or something else fun. Denise is sending me a booklet with trail maps for the mountain bikers, maybe a cache on these trails, or a kayak accessible cache.
    If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll give you her contact info.

Darn that was right in my area too, wish I was there to do something with it. I hope someone from the area will step up and help the cause. Laughing Terry is working at the local jail, maybe he can hide something in one of the cells and have people go find it there........
    My Yankee Woodlot trail cache is a great multi to introduce people to geocaching. G-Team is right in the area as well too, so hopefully someone will step up to the plate.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Darn that was right in my area too, wish I was there to do something with it. I hope someone from the area will step up and help the cause. Laughing Terry is working at the local jail, maybe he can hide something in one of the cells and have people go find it there........
    My Yankee Woodlot trail cache is a great multi to introduce people to geocaching. G-Team is right in the area as well too, so hopefully someone will step up to the plate.
    Ha ha--was just going to chime in that our cache couldn't get much closer to the Kennebec. There's also the one in the park, and the Watching Place cache (if it's still there), and the ones on the other side.

The Yankee Woodlot would also be a super one to do--very nice area.

There are surely caches in the area (having done some I can attest - and some on the river too).

Sounds like they would like some cachers to lead the troops.

Bump...
    Any takers on this? The event is happening at the end of June.