vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: best DNFs

d’76 Guest

Default best DNFs

I am home for the next couple of days on bed rest and was checking out the forumns of gc.com and came accross a neat disscusion about best dnfs. I would be interested in your story about the best dnf. Heres mine:

GCG3E9 Drum n Bass

This was more of a couldn't get there in time instead of a didnot find. This should count for us. We got within 100 ft of the cache. THe snow was so deep and we left our snowshoes at the base of the hill so that we could climb. I thought the snow would be pretty much gone as it was where we were. I'll be back as soon as snow is gone. Hard to beleive one would put them selves trough that for a Mctoy and a log book.

Thanks this one is tough. Dave1976 and Girlmate

We where so close and such a long hike for us. We had to snow shoe in from the main road and then up the hill. Anyone who has seen Souabounge mountain nows the front is a cliff. We attempted this cache in the early days of our caching. I have since learned that the shortest way isnt always the best or the fastest. We had alot of fun attempting it the first time but much more fun when we went back with our geopals. We braved the face of the mounbtain and crawled under logs and through bushes all to get so close and realize that we had to get back to the road before dark, we noticed many bear tracks on the way in that left kinda a scared taste in Mrs. 76 mouth. As I look back that was definatly the toughest and most stressful cache we have ever done. Please folks enjoy this thread and all cachers partcipate in the thread. Happy trails caching season is here.

Last weekend my cousin was here visiting and I convince him to set up a geocaching account. We immediately went out and did two local caches. Next morning I told him we would go do "lets go camping" and "Barrows falls".Luke asked me if we'd need a shovel, but I assured him that I knew right where the Barrows falls cache was and at the worst we might need to kick a little snow away to get to the cache. After all most of us at the winter camp out last year had done the cache in the snow with no problem. Well that was last year, this year the snow was so deep I didn't even recognize the terrain. After a valiant effort we left with our heads hanging down. Luke was real impressed with the old pro teaching him the ropes. Lesson to be learn,
    always go prepared.

Default Short term memory loss is evident here....

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    As I look back that was definatly the toughest and most stressful cache we have ever done. Please folks enjoy this thread and all cachers partcipate in the thread. Happy trails caching season is here.

Are we forgetting a little episode called "Hey they are shooting at us!!" at the map 46 cache
    Happy Trails!

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Are we forgetting a little episode called "Hey they are shooting at us!!" at the map 46 cache
    It must be the meds... See yah in a bit

Mainiacs right, We where shot trying to finish the delorme cchallenge.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Dave, don't you mean shot at.....must be the meds......any extra meds?

Yah!! Thats what I ment. Thanks for the laugh. Its the vicoden

And to think Cache Maine and I did that cache alone during hunting season!

I've had so many, I made a top ten list!

10 ALEXANDER'S CHALLENGE - Most number of tries
    9 Super Duper Underwater Hydro Cache 2.0 - Am I going to get run over by a ski boat?
    8 Tumbledown challenge - Not good timing!
    7 You Sank My Battleship! - I had my foot resting on the cache!
    6 slippery or wet - Yes. Wet.
    5 Infamous Travel Bug Prison (I.T.B.P.) - 3D caching.
    4 Dyslexic's Nightmare - Nightmare: Yes, Fun: Yes!
    3 Garnet Mountain - So close so many times.
    2 Old 470 - The true meaning of DNF!

1 Crop Circles! - This was the puzzle to end all puzzles.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    We did what?

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    It's not the hunters you need to worry about in that area...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.