vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Easter Everyone!

Hi everyone . . . I'm back and finally getting around to checking in . . . I realize this is a bit of an older thread, but I have to say that spending Easter in Old San Juan was a fantastic experience . . . woke up early and found my old "easter eggs" of sort by finding a local geocache . . . along with a whole bunch of cats and lizards as well. Later Heidi and I went by the old cathedral which was quite busy with folks going to Mass and then later we went to El Morro Fortress to see many, many locals flying their kites and having an Easter picnic . . . definitely an Easter to remember.

I'll share more about my trip when I get some spare moments . . . some highlights however include me visiting the "last Virgin", getting a "limo" ride of Water Island on a golf cart, visiting Water Island's dump, discovering that my name is on the "no fly list", getting hit in the chest with a rock thrown my a capuchin monkey, having Heidi get bit by a baby vervet monkey, both of us getting burned to a crisp (I now look like I have a horrible skin condition) and meeting some of the neatest folks.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Well I told you to take a kite and some cat food! I'm hoping from your short description that you had a good time so now I can come out of hiding in my basement and see the sunshine for the first time this week.

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    Well I told you to take a kite and some cat food! I'm hoping from your short description that you had a good time so now I can come out of hiding in my basement and see the sunshine for the first time this week.
    Yeah you did . . . and trust me . . . I was thinking of you when I saw all those cats and all those kites . . . and yes, I had a fantastic time . . . the only negative was having to leave the islands.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

ok - darterkitfox - you can come out of hiding now ;-)