vb:literal>

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cache and Carry

Hybrid View

d’76 Guest

Default Cache and Carry

I would like to know if you cache while you carry a firearm. I dont want a debate about gun control or the need to carry a gun. If it becomes a debate I would like for the site moderator to lock or delete it.

Simply a question of do you carry, what you carry

never have, I don't feel the need as niave as that sounds
    Make love not micros

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Dave I have never thought much about it ......then again no one ever shoots at me!!!
    Not exactly a true statement any more....returning to Number Seven's car yesterday after doing 'The Horseback" cache we were suddenly confronted by a series of gunshots, small sounding shots like a 22 cal, some that were definitely shot gun blasts, and a few really high powered blast from a rifle.We knew from all the evidence on the ground going in, that some one was target shooting in the gravel pit where we parked the car or possibly shooting at the car. Problem being to get back to the car you have to come through said pit. Coming over the edge of the pit we were greeted with a view everyone hopes to see, a bunch of guys drinking beer and shooting guns. Drinking and shooting go together like drinking and driving, not that great an idea.Personally for Don and I this was no big deal, been there done that, we came over the top wave at the guys and said don't shoot. We stopped and talked with the guys , even watched them shoot for awhile, just having fun on a Sunday afternoon, like already stated been there done that. But what would some of our other members have done in a situation like this, could have been a little scary for someone who wasn't aware of what was happening.

Just thought I share this with the group. Vic

I see no need to carry a firearm while caching. I think people that feel the need to carry firearms all the time are very insecure people or are very paranoid people.
    Blazing Troll

I don't, but sometimes think I should. It could be an important addition to one's pack should they get lost or come in contact with a rabid animal or other danger. Not that you can't live without it, but you can usually live without water while heading to that mountain cache, but that water may save your life if you get stuck there for three days.

Obviously, the further one wanders into deeper woods, the more important it is to have more survival and safety supplies.

Cell Phone, batteries, water, matches, first aid kit, knife, camp saw, or even gun - all things that could come in handy - along with knowledge of how to use each of them when needed.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I see no need to carry a firearm while caching. I think people that feel the need to carry firearms all the time are very insecure people or are very paranoid people.
    This is the debate comment I didnt want. Glad to see that it only got to post 4 before we couldnt keep it to the topic.
    THe question was this simple.

Do you carry and what is it??

When seconds count, Police are only minutes away

And by the way I am neither insecure or parniod. I have been a shot at while caching and refuse to be a victim

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    I have been a shot at while caching and refuse to be a victim
    This is what scares me about caches in someone's back yard. The home owner may love watching from the window while cachers try and find a cache, but what about the paranoid neighbor?

(And I don't carry - never have, never will).

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    This is the debate comment I didnt want. Glad to see that it only got to post 4 before we couldnt keep it to the topic.
    THe question was this simple.

Do you carry and what is it??

When seconds count, Police are only minutes away

And by the way I am neither insecure or parniod. I have been a shot at while caching and refuse to be a victim
    Sorry. If you looking for a postive answer to have an excuse to cary then I am sorry your not getting it here from me.

Let me rephrase my last statement then.

No I do not carry a firearm or a weapon when geocaching. I feel no need to. If there is a cache area that looks suspecious or sketchy then I do not look for it and leave the area. If something does not feel right then you should not do it.

If you were shoot at while caching then you should report it to the police and to the cache owner and have the cache disabled. Also if you were shoot at while at a cache or going to a cache location then you should also pass that information on to the rest of us here on this site so we are aware of it.

What cache was it you were shot at? I want to make sure I do not do this cache.
    Blazing Troll

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Sorry. If you looking for a postive answer to have an excuse to cary then I am sorry your not getting it here from me.

Let me rephrase my last statement then.

No I do not carry a firearm or a weapon when geocaching. I feel no need to. If there is a cache area that looks suspecious or sketchy then I do not look for it and leave the area. If something does not feel right then you should not do it.

If you were shoot at while caching then you should report it to the police and to the cache owner and have the cache disabled. Also if you were shoot at while at a cache or going to a cache location then you should also pass that information on to the rest of us here on this site so we are aware of it.

What cache was it you were shot at? I want to make sure I do not do this cache.
    Rick.... Please, I wasnt interested in your beliefs on firearms. I made it clear what the thread was about. I have resolved the cache issue with the owner.