vb:literal>

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cache and Carry

Went back to the original post - I will try to ply this back.

Do you carry? No - not now.

What do you carry? Above answer says it but if I were to carry it would be a .38 (cause that is what I own and have qualified with numerous times).

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Rick.... Please, I wasnt interested in your beliefs on firearms. I made it clear what the thread was about. I have resolved the cache issue with the owner.
    I would still like to know what cache this is and maybe some others would like to also?

As far as carrying. I will not drag this on anymore I promise. You are not suppose to carry unless you have a permit anyways. This usually means a concealed weapons permit. This also means that you are not suppose to be brandishing it for others to see. Hence the name concealed weapon. With that said it is in my opinion that if you carry a weapon that and it is suppose to be concealed then it should not be known publicly that you are carrying it. So even if I did carry one I would not be answering yes or telling anyone in open forums that I carry a weapon.
    Blazing Troll

I don't but have thought about it. I do carry pepper spray (not much use against a rabid animal or someone taking potshots)

Smile Guns

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    I would like to know if you cache while you carry a firearm. I dont want a debate about gun control or the need to carry a gun. If it becomes a debate I would like for the site moderator to lock or delete it.

Simply a question of do you carry, what you carry
    Time for me wo weigh in on this one. First of all, I am a gun collector and own more than 100 weapons ranging in size from .22's to .50 caliber sniper rifles. I have competed for years and keep my concealed weapon permit issued by the State of Maine current. Do I carry while caching, NO! I think one must use common sense about where one caches. While there are the occasional red-neck goobers out there who will question the sanity of those of us who do this game, I don't think the chances of getting shot at are high. And if somebody did shoot do you really want to have it and shoot back? As far a rabid animals, I spend a lot of time in the woods and although I've seen a few animals with issues, dispatching rabid animals is for wardens and cops. No Dave, I won't carry while caching but the 2nd Amendment mandates that folks who choose to do so are well within their constitutional rights.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Time for me wo weigh in on this one. First of all, I am a gun collector and own more than 100 weapons ranging in size from .22's to .50 caliber sniper rifles. I have competed for years and keep my concealed weapon permit issued by the State of Maine current. Do I carry while caching, NO! I think one must use common sense about where one caches. While there are the occasional red-neck goobers out there who will question the sanity of those of us who do this game, I don't think the chances of getting shot at are high. And if somebody did shoot do you really want to have it and shoot back? As far a rabid animals, I spend a lot of time in the woods and although I've seen a few animals with issues, dispatching rabid animals is for wardens and cops. No Dave, I won't carry while caching but the 2nd Amendment mandates that folks who choose to do so are well within their constitutional rights.
    *off topic, but it does have somethin to do with this thread* I recall seeing somewhere that you're a lawyer Dubord... I was wondering if you could suggest a good reference for clear definitions of the gun laws for those of us that do choose to carry? (I notice quite often that people always argue about what they can and can't do because "it's what the instructor told them in their safety course") The maine.gov websites don't clarify anything, they just scramble it all up with that fancy "legal talk"
    and most other references I've found are federal and don't relate to all of the local laws.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I've heard of people running into meth labs in the woods, but if it ever gets like that around here, I'll quit going into the woods. Some people can handle a gun. I can't.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

While I cache a couple thousand miles away from you folks, I do carry when caching.

Taurus PT-111 Millenium Pro 9mm Semi Auto most of the time. Occasionally I will carry my S&W J-Frame 38 Special instead, for those times when concealment is more important.

Lately when on the trail I don't bother with concealling the weapon. It's not required in my state so why go thru all the hassle.

BTW: I did some quick research on Maine Firearms Laws:

Maine is a traditional open carry state. It is perfectly legal and acceptable to carry a firearm openly. However, you may only carry a loaded handgun in a vehicle, openly or concealed, if you have a Maine permit. You do NOT need a permit to carry a firearm. You only need the permit to conceal.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Wing Wacko View Post
    While I cache a couple thousand miles away from you folks, I do carry when caching.

Taurus PT-111 Millenium Pro 9mm Semi Auto most of the time. Occasionally I will carry my S&W J-Frame 38 Special instead, for those times when concealment is more important.

Lately when on the trail I don't bother with concealling the weapon. It's not required in my state so why go thru all the hassle.

Maine is a traditional open carry state. It is perfectly legal and acceptable to carry a firearm openly. However, you may only carry a loaded handgun in a vehicle, openly or concealed, if you have a Maine permit. You do NOT need a permit to carry a firearm. You only need the permit to conceal.
    Thanks for joining our chat forum RWW (and welcome to geocachingmaine!) It's cool to get input from cachers "from away"
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Quote Originally Posted by Right Wing Wacko View Post

thanks for chiming in

how ever did you pick that name...

one of the disapointing things about this state is that I don't think I would ever openly carry unless I'm pretty deep in the woods (or out hunting) because I think that if I was to openly carry, there would be a laundry list of complaints and cops surrounding me within minutes, that's why when I do carry I make absolutely positively 100% sure that there would be no way of telling (without a pretty vigorous frisking) that I am carrying.

btw.. hows caching in your state? I've always wanted to visit there.

and how do ya like the PT-111? I never heard anything good about Tarus, but a couple years ago I purchased a Tarus .38 revolver, I've only put a couple hundred rounds through it, but I think it's a pretty decent firearm.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default Gun?

No need for a gun, when your girlfriend carries an ice axe.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.