vb:literal>

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cache and Carry

I wouldn't myself, I'm just not organized enough to keep it maintained or to get to it if necessary. I am relying on a little can of pepper spray taped onto my hiking stick. But I have considered a dummy handgun that I could point at my violent ex if he ever showed up.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    This is the debate comment I didnt want. Glad to see that it only got to post 4 before we couldnt keep it to the topic.
    THe question was this simple.

Do you carry and what is it??

When seconds count, Police are only minutes away

And by the way I am neither insecure or parniod. I have been a shot at while caching and refuse to be a victim
    Sorry. If you looking for a postive answer to have an excuse to cary then I am sorry your not getting it here from me.

Let me rephrase my last statement then.

No I do not carry a firearm or a weapon when geocaching. I feel no need to. If there is a cache area that looks suspecious or sketchy then I do not look for it and leave the area. If something does not feel right then you should not do it.

If you were shoot at while caching then you should report it to the police and to the cache owner and have the cache disabled. Also if you were shoot at while at a cache or going to a cache location then you should also pass that information on to the rest of us here on this site so we are aware of it.

What cache was it you were shot at? I want to make sure I do not do this cache.
    Blazing Troll

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Sorry. If you looking for a postive answer to have an excuse to cary then I am sorry your not getting it here from me.

Let me rephrase my last statement then.

No I do not carry a firearm or a weapon when geocaching. I feel no need to. If there is a cache area that looks suspecious or sketchy then I do not look for it and leave the area. If something does not feel right then you should not do it.

If you were shoot at while caching then you should report it to the police and to the cache owner and have the cache disabled. Also if you were shoot at while at a cache or going to a cache location then you should also pass that information on to the rest of us here on this site so we are aware of it.

What cache was it you were shot at? I want to make sure I do not do this cache.
    Rick.... Please, I wasnt interested in your beliefs on firearms. I made it clear what the thread was about. I have resolved the cache issue with the owner.

Hi Dave1976,
    You asked a good and fair question.
    I don't carry a gun. I don't have a permit. I walk LOUDLY and carry a big stick!!!
    If one has a personal protection permit, payed for and issued to them by the federal government, It is their right to carry anywhere within that permits juristiction.
    I am NOT looking for a heated discussion with ANYONE. NOR is it my intent to insult anyone with my comment. I am simply answering a question.
    Opalsns

I often carry, but I also go with the mindset that I would do my best to not put myself into a situation where it would be necesary to take those kind of actions. There's not a whole lot in the maine woods to be afraid of, but there are those ocassions... So when I got into the woods I carry something with a bit of power to it. When I do urban caching I usually carry something a lot smaller. But I prefer carrying a large bag of common sense over a firearm. (but the firearm is usually there as a last resort)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

So if we tell ya we don't carry, then if we meet up with ya in the woods, you know that you have us out gunned.

Cool I have an alternative...

I usually cache with Dave or Hiram. So....I don't need to carry anything, except the GPS in Hirams case Capiche?
    Happy Trails!

Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Quote Originally Posted by team moxiepup View Post
    So if we tell ya we don't carry, then if we meet up with ya in the woods, you know that you have us out gunned.
    but you guys have moxie watchin out for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I usually cache with Dave or Hiram. So....I don't need to carry anything, except the GPS in Hirams case Capiche?
    kapeesh

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
    Nope, that's just my GPS... wait a min... brad's got the GPS...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

d’76 Guest

Might as well close lock or delete the thread since it appears that it cant be kept on topic. I will try my luck elsewhere.