vb:literal>

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Cache and Carry

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Where do you get that from, other than he won't give a solid answer?

And, since when does the official gcmaine anti-political-posting member start getting political? Sheesh!

Lee and I visited NRA headquarters while we were in Virginia last fall and she got to shoot for the first time. She had a lot of fun and was pretty good, but preferred the smaller caliber pistols. I think I did pretty good as well considering I had not shot a gun for at least 5 years.
    Not shot a gun in five years? You better throw a few rounds through the barrel of choice and get back your aim and control before we all have to exercise our 2nd Amendment rights.... ARMAGEDDON is almost upon us! Our Government is out of control and hell bent upon oppressing us!

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    Not shot a gun in five years? You better throw a few rounds through the barrel of choice and get back your aim and control before we all have to exercise our 2nd Amendment rights.... ARMAGEDDON is almost upon us! Our Government is out of control and hell bent upon oppressing us!
    That's the political talk you'll get scolded by WhereRWe for! But hey, he slips one in a while, too.

I'm not big on guns, but I have more than enough. Many were inherited from my father's collection who had 50-60 of them. And I have way too many other hobbies. Caching cut a hole out of some of them. 2 boats at my disposal sitting idle and I haven't been fishing for 7 or 8 years. Haven't been on an ATV for 4 or 5 years. I have enough electronic components to start a Radio Shack but rarely touch them.

But when I need to exercise my rights, I'll make do...
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post

Dam! I knew there was something about you I liked!
    A fellow right wingnut!!
    (When you try to compromise between right and wrong; all you end up with is wrong!)

Anyway....I carry a fully loaded "Shotgun" with me while I'm caching!

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    Dam! I knew there was something about you I liked!
    A fellow right wingnut!!
    (When you try to compromise between right and wrong; all you end up with is wrong!)

Anyway....I carry a fully loaded "Shotgun" with me while I'm caching!
    Fully "loaded" huh?? I knew there was somethin about her...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Yeah - sorry - I broke my own rule. But I was just being facetious anyway.

(And if you note my avatar - you can readily see the rifle I'm carrrying, but the 9mm in my pocket is not easily discernible! LOL!

Hey Bruce, how do you explain your quote from March of '08 then...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    This is what scares me about caches in someone's back yard. The home owner may love watching from the window while cachers try and find a cache, but what about the paranoid neighbor?

(And I don't carry - never have, never will).
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I've only carried once. It was November and we were trying to get to Norton Brook. however, being November and JustPJ66 not wearing footgear to wade the brook, we turned back where the trail crosses the brook. Is it legal to shoot a cache if it's not wearing orange?

Default Carrying and caching?

I don't carry guns while I'm caching, unless I think I might have to bring home dinner and something's in season.

So here's the deal, all you political cats out there. I am a Democrat, not one of the libs but I'm also a card carrying life member of the NRA. Try to figure that out!

And this coming Tuesday, I have an engagement with a world class turkey caller and I'm getting out my Ithica .10 guage mag and expect to have turkey dinner that night!

Oh, and the turkey caller also likes to cache so a good time will be had by all.

Mapachi has seen my arsenal. The Pentagon would be jealous!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Dan, I haven't seen it and I'm jealous. Especially if you have a Ruger #1 International. The one with the Mannlicher stock.

You talking about a Judge Mapachi?

Default Mannlicher stocks

I had a .243 with a Mannlicher stock that I traded for a bunch of gravel and loam. It was the only full-stock rifle I had and it was a beauty. He bagged a nice 8 pointer first time out with it. I had a Varilux IV 3.5 x 10 scope. A classic falt shooting gun with the beauty of a walnut Mannlicher stock.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    Dan, I haven't seen it and I'm jealous. Especially if you have a Ruger #1 International. The one with the Mannlicher stock.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.