vb:literal>

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Cache and Carry

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Sheesh, maybe I'm about to learn something new here. I have 4 or 5 .410 shotguns, single shots. When I teach hunter safety, this is what we start the kids out with. Lots of noise, can hit a pepsi can and a stray shot doesn't go 2 miles like the .22 long rifles we used to start kids with.
    I have one of these Cobray Model D from my father's collection which is designed to shoot a .45 colt or a .410 shot shell. I've never fired it, probably never will...

All these odd combinations and affiliations...... we are a diverse group. Anybody else want to confess to interesting combinations?
    Does the fact I was born a poor black girl qualify?

DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Oh no!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I have one of these Cobray Model D from my father's collection which is designed to shoot a .45 colt or a .410 shot shell. I've never fired it, probably never will...

Does the fact I was born a poor black girl qualify?

Ah, qualify? Well I guess so but now we need to start a new thread: Cross-dressing geocachers I have known!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Sheesh! Stupid thing looks like it's made of cast iron - no wonder you don't dare to shoot it! LOL!

Sheesh, maybe I'm about to learn something new here. I have 4 or 5 .410 shotguns, single shots. When I teach hunter safety, this is what we start the kids out with. Lots of noise, can hit a pepsi can and a stray shot doesn't go 2 miles like the .22 long rifles we used to start kids with.

I do have some "rat loads" that will chamber in a .357, probably quite close to the diameter of a .410 shot shell.

By the way, I shot skeet on the circuit for several years and the .410 was affectionately known as the "idiot stick!" I still like it for woodcock.
    Hiram got it. This is a Judge http://www.taurususa.com/video-theJudge.cfm

Actually not a bad combination and of course the Libertarian side of you shines forth when talk of closing a thread hits the wire here!

All these odd combinations and affiliations...... we are a diverse group. Anybody else want to confess to interesting combinations?
    Pizza and a Poo Poo Platter!!

Default Taurus Judge

I'd never seen that one. I do have one Taurus...guess which one? Yeah, you're right! The .454 five shot revolver Taurus Raging Bull! Two times the firepower of a .45! 310 gran casall rounds. I won't let my friends shoot this one. It's a little stout in the recoil department! Wow, I like this thread...who started this one anyway?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I could have shot this dude with a rubber band!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Quote Originally Posted by Hikenfish View Post
    Hiram got it. This is a Judge http://www.taurususa.com/video-theJudge.cfm
    I've had my eye one of those for a while. But right now I just can't justify adding more guns to the bunker right now...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Interesting thread, as a certified state of maine handgun instructor I recomend if you do not know the laws pertaining then one should take another refresher class. Or better yet contact the issuing agency ie:local pd if you have on in your community or State police for all communities that do not have a local pd.

As for caching, this is new to me, thought we would develop some caching to be had by atv/snowmobile travel around the state. As far as carrying, yes .357 mag. or .45 auto which offers more cartridge capacity than the 357.