vb:literal>

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: First Annual Get Useless In Eustis Event

Hi folks......I'll be thinking of you all on Saturday. I'd love to be there but I'm giving away a house on Saturday afternoon at 1:30. Have fun!!!

Default Arrival undecided

I'm still not sure when I will arrive. Either late Friday night or 8:00 on Saturday morning. I will have my bike, kayak, and hiking gear with me. Oh yeah, I might add a GPS (or a few, since I am still trying to return some).

Default Rain or no rain

I'm headed to Eustis Friday morning rain or shine. I have two kayaks on board plus my bike and hiking gear. See everyone there.

Default So Vic...

Are you dragging the birthday girl along? Yes Cheryl, Happy Happy!! I did notice.. See you tomorrow night Vic..
    Happy Trails!

The rain held off, the colors were fantastic and we broke 200. Thanks for the Event!!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Default Oh What Fun!

What a great spot for an event and caching. Thursday was a bonus day for sure as we came up the back side of Eustis and saw some spectacular foliage. Still having a lot of problems with my neck in spite of a month of PT so we headed home a bit earlier than planned but enjoyed meeting a lot of cachers we hadn't met and it's nice to start seeing familiar faces at these events.

Special thanks to Jean, her husband and everybody else who put this together. Hope we get better weather next year as Cathedral Pines really looked inviting!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    The rain held off, the colors were fantastic and we broke 200. Thanks for the Event!!
    Congrats on the milestone fins2right! Keep on caching! It was great to meet you on the trail and at the event. Your kids are very cute and very polite and well behaved. I think Chip wanted to adopt your son because he was so gentle and friendly. Hope to see you again soon!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Awesome event!!! Everything an event could be. Even the weather co-operated during the daylight hours. Geocaching, biking, kayaking, hiking,four wheel driving, hanging out at the camp fires, eating great food, and best of all being with all of you. Thanks so much to everyone who made this so special. Jean you are the best.

A super fun weekend even if I was too tired to enjoy the campfire on Saturday night - must have been the yellow Speedo?!?

Yes - a big thanks to Jean and team for a Go To Event - date for 2009 ASAP please - I want to book it!

Default Triathlon anyone?

Well, three of us decided to make this into a triathlon weekend. We biked, went by foot (okay guys, it WAS a long walk back to the campground) and we kayaked. Oh yeah, there was 4-wheeling too! What a hoot. This was such a nice set-up too. We had a chance to get out of the rain for meals at the community center and the hosts were the best. There were so many caches in the area that I couldn't even put a dent in the number. I had a blast this weekend.... Thanks!