vb:literal>

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: First Annual Get Useless In Eustis Event

Default Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by eebee View Post
    Oh, also want to say that I'm so happy there will be kayaks available! I'd love to get out on the water sometime this weekend but don't have one of my own (yet) to bring.

You can also rent kayaks at the Pines Market, right next to the campground, $10.00 per day.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Default Saturday Dinner

Di and I are making a kielbasa dish with chunks of pineapple, cherries and an oriental sweet and sour sauce. Hope the weather holds out for those of us in tents. Watching Kevin Mannix this morning and don't like it when he says rain on Saturday and the rain has a name....Kyle! Patrick, mapachi, who is part Indian, I think, says that nothing can get past the Bigelow Mountain range this time of year. I'm bring #14 sun screen, the rain be damned!!!!!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default Dinner

Don't worry about the calories or fat. Up until 5 years ago, I thought "High Cholesterol" was a Jewish holiday!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    Chip still has a lot to learn about caching...like going around a tree on the same side that I did. We spend way too much time untangling him from trees and bushes. He'll catch on sooner or later. He has the kayak nap perfected so that's something.
    Maybe Chip is not the one that needs training. Some times the dogs know better. Ha, ha.

I am not trying to jinx anything but the weekend weather is not looking to good right now at all.
    Blazing Troll

Thumbs up My EZ up is on board

Weather schmether.... Kyle phewey..... I'll be there along with rest of the hearty cachers. The canopy will be up in the group site on Friday night. Room for quite a few to be under. It did the job at Tread Lightly. See you all real soon.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Weather schmether.... Kyle phewey..... I'll be there along with rest of the hearty cachers. The canopy will be up in the group site on Friday night. Room for quite a few to be under. It did the job at Tread Lightly. See you all real soon.
    Remember, Maniac is IN with the weather gods!!!!
    We'll be there.
    Heck, BubbaBass and I went Fishing during a hurricane. We didn't catch anything. Not even a cold!!!!!
    Opalsns

Default Weather

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I am not trying to jinx anything but the weekend weather is not looking to good right now at all.
    I'm not too happy with the weatherman right now. But... we've cached in rain, even downpours, and still had a good time. And there are motels for those who wimp out. And we do have the Community Building all day Saturday, hot water, heat, rest rooms, hot coffee. We're opening it at 7:00 AM and we can stay until midnight if we want to. But maybe, just maybe, the weatherman will be wrong.....
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    I'm not too happy with the weatherman right now. But... we've cached in rain, even downpours, and still had a good time. And there are motels for those who wimp out. And we do have the Community Building all day Saturday, hot water, heat, rest rooms, hot coffee. We're opening it at 7:00 AM and we can stay until midnight if we want to. But maybe, just maybe, the weatherman will be wrong.....

I'll admit that there was a short debate with my wife and I about heading up in the rain with the kids. To heck with it, I'm going to Dicks today to buy new rainpants for the kids and we are going, Tropical Storm or Not.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Well, intellicast is forecasting "showers" for Saturday, and "rain" for Sunday.... NWS says 60% chance of precip on Sat, 50% chance on Sat night, and 50% Sunday.... now, if they were saying 80% or more I *might* rearrange everything, but I think for now we'll tough it out