vb:literal>

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: First Annual Get Useless In Eustis Event

Default Chip

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post

Chip has a new warm hoodie and he's ready for Eustis!
    Cute! He can help round up the Useless Eustis Ewes. There will be eleven of them that need to be found.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Chip still has a lot to learn about caching...like going around a tree on the same side that I did. We spend way too much time untangling him from trees and bushes. He'll catch on sooner or later. He has the kayak nap perfected so that's something.
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Is anyone going west, or knows a cacher going west soon? I picked up a TB in Freeport that needs to go to AZ. It's an Army band tb that has made it from AZ to Iraq and back. I thought I'd bring it up and give it to someone that could help. P.S. The kids are working hard on our poster for the Event.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

I am going to New Mexico in three weeks. I can get it that far if you like.
    KymeeJay

Quote Originally Posted by kymeejay View Post
    I am going to New Mexico in three weeks. I can get it that far if you like.
    That would be fantastic. I just got an email from the owner saying that the Army is probably going to call him out of retirement and send him back to Iraq. It would me a nice gesture to get it back to him before he leaves. Thanks and I'll see you in Eustis.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Default TBs and Coins

Out of the coins and TBs I'm bringing to the event, I have one that wants to go to "difficult" places. Anybody climbing Cranberry Peak? One wants to go to San Francisco if anybody is going west. And after the event, I have a cacher from Germany coming here, and he's offered to take any bugs and coins that want to go to Europe. See you all soon!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Default Gary is....

Team2Hunt said he and Foxgloves were planning to climb it. Check with them.
    Happy Trails!

Smile no surprise...

we are planning on doing the hike sometime during the weekend.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I'm going to be attending the event with Davidson 7 and we can't wait!! We're going to be arriving late on Friday evening, so we're planning on staying at a motel that night. We'll be setting up camp at one of the group sites on Saturday morning. I'm traveling from New Brunswick, so I'm not sure what I can bring along for the meal on Saturday, maybe some kind of sweets.

One question for attroll, I've got a hammock tent, too, and I can't wait to string it up, but I've only ever used it in the middle of summer. Any hints on how to stay warm? I use a foam pad for insulation even in the summer, but should I have anything else?

Oh, also want to say that I'm so happy there will be kayaks available! I'd love to get out on the water sometime this weekend but don't have one of my own (yet) to bring.