vb:literal>

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: First Annual Get Useless In Eustis Event

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    Ok, Listen.....The Straton-Eustis area is in the Canada weather zone. The mountain range there works as a "heater bank" and will keep the storm to our south. The storm is a counter-clockwise event, and will use the coastline like a ladder and head for Labrador, post haste. We should get maybe a shower or two at the most.........TRUST ME!
    I'll jump in the lake with all my clothes on , if I'm wrong! (if I'm wrong, I'll be soaked anyway!)
    Ah, my friend - I will be watching to see if you take a swim! I have towels in the camper and a lakeside site. You are right about the weather - a totally different picture up there.

We are nearly packed and ready. Hey, it rained for part of the 2008 Tread Lightly but we all had a great time.

Dave1976 - come on and earn your wings - more than one Rain event in 2008! Maybe we should create a patch or something LOL!

See you all there!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    more than one Rain event in 2008! Maybe we should create a patch or something LOL!

See you all there!
    ***cough*** Pathtag! ***cough***

Default Yikes! Tropical?

Here's the 5:30 AM update from the Dubord household. We've completely packed. I couldn't get another jar of olives in my truck if I tried. We're heading out within the hour and have developed Plan B, which involves staying at a camp in the Valley. I was up at 4:00 looking at weather maps and listening to weather guys on TV. We're headed north for sure, just not sure if tenting out this weekend is the smartest choice. Dianne is like a little kid on Christmas morning about tenting out but she's never done it in the rain so we'll see where we end up.

Hope the weather isn't as bad as they predict. We will have a great time regardless of what Mother Nature has in store for us all. If Patrick is right about the weather then HE needs to be on TV! Watch out Kevin Mannix!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I completely understand about the weather forecast, but there's something that some of you guys aren't getting--really.... Mapachi hit the nail on the head. When you live on the border you rely on the Canadian weather forecasts. The radars and programs in Maine just don't cover us accurately, we're too far on the fringe. Maine forecasts will never be accurate for us because we're not the large population base that they try to cover for their forecasts. For us down here, the most accurate forecast comes out of Saint John, New Brunswick--45 miles away. Their radar actually includes us. I've never been to Eustis, but I'm willing to bet that the best forecast for that area is not generated out of Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    After hearing the weather forecast I think the little woman and I will be staying home this weekend to get caught up on some much needed housework.

Oh well maybe next year
    Same here . . . well actually Heidi and I will most likely be putting in our new engineered wood floor rather than doing housework . . . and of course, I don't do events . . . usually.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Well my son and I are planning on camping in the back of the van if the weather is really bad but we will be there. Should we bring the kayak or will the storm stir up the lake too much to go out?

Default Ugh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    ***cough*** Pathtag! ***cough***

And call it...." NANCY stayed home "
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default No Wind

Quote Originally Posted by balinda View Post
    Well my son and I are planning on camping in the back of the van if the weather is really bad but we will be there. Should we bring the kayak or will the storm stir up the lake too much to go out?

Not much wind forecast, SE, maybe 5 mph. Bring the kayak, someone has to go out and rescue Mapachi if he has to jump in!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

This sounds like a great time...bad weather or not. I'd really like to try out the new kayak I just got at the Old Town Canoe fall sale but one of my children has a school function that day. Maybe next year...

Default The Party Has Started!

Dubord just ran through, waving his new Garmin Oregon, followed after a bit by Lois-Ann and Becka. My husband tried to go for a walk, came back, saying it was too hot! Sun is shining... so far...

Drop everything and come on up! Maybe next year I'll make this a week long event....
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows