vb:literal>

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: First Annual Get Useless In Eustis Event

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    Well I will need a guarantee that I won't be forced to climb Bigelow mountain ever again!
    No one would ever "force" you to do anything you do not wish. I have not had that pleasure but you are making me wonder - perhaps the kayaking caches would be better LOL........

Hope you can come on over to join us.

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    Well I will need a guarantee that I won't be forced to climb Bigelow mountain ever again!
    Bigelow mountain is nothing you should try climbing Avery Peak. That is in my opinion better then Mount Katahdin.
    Blazing Troll

Default Avery Peak

Well, I'm glad that's settled! For entertainment at the Eustis event, everybody will climb Avery Peak. I could even put a cache there if I start now.....
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Where is Avery Peak? We are a little bit better shape than last year when we started caching. Bigelow mountain wouldn't be so bad except when you are trying to do 9 caches in Eustis in one day including the drive there and back from your home 100 miles away, a 5 to 6 hour hike takes a big chunk out of the day. There was just that one spot on the mountain, almost straight up with all the loose gravel and small boulders similar to trying to climb an escalator going the wrong way, that was tough. Oh, and my wife and I never carry water with us as over many years we have conditioned ourselves to very little fluid intake. Unfortunately, Bigelow was tougher and longer than expected and we should have had liquid with us. Thank goodness for all the blueberries at the top.

Avery Peak is part of the Bigelow range. You might have done it. It is the peak on the Bigelow's with the fire tower still on it. The tower is all boarded up though.
    Blazing Troll

This might be a little off topic but what is the policy on bringing beer to these events? I ask because I homebrew. I was thinking of crafting a 'Useless Ale' for the event. The only problem is that I have to make 5 gals at a time and love sharing what I craft. Can't anyone help me?
    http://slimcache.blogspot.com
    SlimCache - My journey to become a healthier person through geocaching.

Thumbs up That's easy.........

Quote Originally Posted by djgray1200 View Post
    This might be a little off topic but what is the policy on bringing beer to these events? I ask because I homebrew. I was thinking of crafting a 'Useless Ale' for the event. The only problem is that I have to make 5 gals at a time and love sharing what I craft. Can't anyone help me?
    There are several here who will be glad to share with you. I'll let the others speak for themselves...........HIRAM!!
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Funny I didn't know Hiram knew anything about beer.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
    Funny I didn't know Hiram knew anything about beer.
    Sheesh! He doesn't! LOL!

Actually, I've just read over Hiram & WhereRWe's Beer Chat thread. Completely inane but informed. I don't think I'll have any problem finding someone to share with. Kinda cool to find there are a few home brewers here too. One question remains. What style should 'Useless Ale' be?
    http://slimcache.blogspot.com
    SlimCache - My journey to become a healthier person through geocaching.