vb:literal>

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: First Annual Get Useless In Eustis Event

Quote Originally Posted by djgray1200 View Post
    Actually, I've just read over Hiram & WhereRWe's Beer Chat thread. Completely inane but informed. I don't think I'll have any problem finding someone to share with. Kinda cool to find there are a few home brewers here too. One question remains. What style should 'Useless Ale' be?
    Since Eustis is pretty much "out in the woods", I think a Spruce Beer would be appropriate!

Default Really.....

One question remains. What style should 'Useless Ale' be?
    If you have to make 5 gallons at a time. Does it really matter what style it is?

Something with taste, like a red or an amber. But you make whatever you would like and we will be glad to sample it and let you know how it is. Surprise us!
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

d’76 Guest

Something that was full bodied like PBR would be nice

Cool Pay little attention to Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Something that was full bodied like PBR would be nice
    A nice guy and all, BUT fine ale is not his forte'
    Happy Trails!

Exclamation Another bit off topic

...but still about Eustis:
    Rick, when you get a chance, remember to post this event and your Slipping Into Summer event on the home page.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Actually, I've just read over Hiram & WhereRWe's Beer Chat thread. Completely inane but informed. I don't think I'll have any problem finding someone to share with. Kinda cool to find there are a few home brewers here too. One question remains. What style should 'Useless Ale' be?
    I like beers that resemble 15w/40 but few people share my love of chewable beer... but I also like wheat ales, pale ales, porters, stouts, heck, I'll drink anything from Guinness extra stout to Coors (well, okay, not so much on the coors...) But if you brew it, they will drink, So suprise us!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    A nice guy and all, BUT fine ale is not his forte'
    I second that!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

27 Sept, if I do not have to work I will be there. I am hosting my annual hiker feed for all Appalachian Trail hikers the weekend of 13 Sept so that is the only weekend in Sept that I don't have free so far.
    Blazing Troll

Question Eustis Useless (or Spruce) Beer

This might be a little off topic but what is the policy on bringing beer to these events? I ask because I homebrew. I was thinking of crafting a 'Useless Ale' for the event. The only problem is that I have to make 5 gals at a time and love sharing what I craft. Can't anyone help me?

There's no problem with drinking at Cathedral Pines Campground. However, the Community Building only allows alcohol if I post a $100. security deposit in case everyone gets drunk and rowdy and trashes the place. Since I'm assuming the home brew won't be as potent as the lab alcohol we used to drink at Christmas parties when I worked for the federal government, everything should be OK. Question: do you want me to post the $100. so you can have beer or whatever there???? I get the deposit back if everything meets their approval after the party.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

I think I would like to poll everyone for a concensus here too. I would love to make everyone some beer, but do we want it to be something for afterward while at the camp? Or at the hall as well?
    http://slimcache.blogspot.com
    SlimCache - My journey to become a healthier person through geocaching.

Red face

We have alcoholism in our family both sides. I enjoy a good party but.... I want my children to know that a good party is not about how much alcohol is consumed or even what kind sometimes.

I would love to try your homebrew. I don't want this to be a big issue. We all live in the real world. Let's have the beer later?