vb:literal>

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: First Annual Get Useless In Eustis Event

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    We have site #41.

When attending the GeoJamboree in CT last June they had a "sign contest". Cachers made a poster or sign with their caching name and where they were from and put it out in front of their site. It was easy to find the sites with cachers (although i think only 3 sites in the park were non-cachers). Might be an idea for Useless in Eustis Part Deux. (next year)
    That sounds like a great idea!!

I plan on being there and will be using the group site at least for one night. Karen's idea sounds good too, all depends on when I can get there and if Chercacher is coming with me.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    I plan on being there and will be using the group site at least for one night. Karen's idea sounds good too, all depends on when I can get there and if Chercacher is coming with me.
    Vic if I attend I will also be using the group site. So don't worry you will not be alone. I thought the whole idea was to get together anyways and not have separate camp sites all over the place.
    Blazing Troll

Default Firewood and Kayak Rentals

" I thought the whole idea was to get together anyways and not have separate camp sites all over the place."

Don't worry, it's not that big a place, you'll find each other.

AND, they sell firewood at the campground , $4.00 per bag. I'll try to find some free wood around here but they just chipped everything in sight. Maybe for wood pellets?

And the boats are for rent, not for free use. $15.00 for a full day, $10.00 for a half day + a deposit of $20.00 refundable when you return the equipment in good condition. And I have 5 kayaks.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

they sell firewood at the campground , $4.00 per bag. I'll try to find some free wood around here but they just chipped everything in sight. Maybe for wood pellets?

And the boats are for rent, not for free use. $15.00 for a full day, $10.00 for a half day + a deposit of $20.00 refundable when you return the equipment in good condition. And I have 5 kayaks.[/quote]

We plan on stying at the group site with our tent we call the Tashmatent.

I was planning to bring up our 3 kayaks and our canoe for anyone who would like to use them.
    Please let me know if you think you might.want to use the boats. if everyone is bringing their own I wont bring all of ours.

I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guys brother. That told me where I can get some fire wood. We'll have to post a guard on it though this stuff is valuable.

My family is coming up. This looks like a great 2nd to the last camping trip of the year. We are going to come up Friday after school so I am going to reserve a camp site. We are really looking forward to exploring a new area. My wife broke her ankle in March and is still a little limited as far as hiking goes, but it looks like there is plenty of caching in the area that does not include a long hike. We did just complete all of the caches in Vaughn Woods in Hallowell and she felt good, so semi-level hiking is OK. We are already collecting a few TB's to bring up. It looks like one of mine is already there. I wish my pathtag would be ready by then, but I am not holding my breath. Any advise on caches in the area? Also, what would people like at the Pot Luck dinner? I would also like to say how impressed I am with the beer thread. Not that I am opposed to beer (just the opposite, I plan on speaking to a beer or three at the Jimmy Buffett concert in Mass Sept. 6th. That is if the rain from Hurricane Hannah isn't in the area. How ironic, Buffett may be rained out by a Hurricane, in New England ), but with kids I like the idea of sharing a beer around the campfire, not at the event. It's nice to have the option. We've never been north of Sugarloaf, so this should be a blast! Fins2right

Cool sharing's so nice

Quote Originally Posted by Team Richards View Post
    I was planning to bring up our 3 kayaks and our canoe for anyone who would like to use them.
    Please let me know if you think you might.want to use the boats. if everyone is bringing their own I wont bring all of ours.
    Hiram and I enjoy getting on the water with friends, but we don't have boats, so this might save us a few $$. Though I don't want to promise we'll use them, 'cause we haven't decided what we're doing that weekend: hiking, paddling, or other... I think there may be other cachers like us, boatless but also plan-less.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Exclamation the weather

Just a reminder of how cold it can get overnight up in the mountains. Espicially at the end of September. I like the cooler temps, and I can't wait to wake up with a little frost on me.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Packing blankets in the camper - but a frosty nose is always fine.

Gail and I are chickening out on camping and opted for the Spillover Motel for two nights. We will sit around the campfire with everyone and when "Shotgun" starts to misfire, we will head out for our nice beds! I used to drink huge amounts of beer and hard stuff. I quit about five years ago. I don't mind being around drunks at all. It reminds me why I stopped!
    I say we get a convoy formed for the East Kennebago caches. If someone feels their vehicle can't make it, we have room for two in the back seat of "Yoda".
    We're getting excited now! We were up there last week-end and planted four caches around Flagstaff Lake for you all to enjoy! We have done only a couple of finds up there. (we saved them for the event). This should be a lot of fun. The trees are just starting to change color now. Should be getting pretty by the event!.....See you all there!