vb:literal>

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: First Annual Get Useless In Eustis Event

Default Firewood?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Richards View Post
    I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guys brother. That told me where I can get some fire wood. We'll have to post a guard on it though this stuff is valuable.
    Were you able to find out if your friend of a friend of a friend's friend will have firewood available? T2H and I can bring a little bit but with these bonfires that go L O N G into the night, we may need another resource.

BTW, who is hosting the Saturday night bonfire? Will that be at the group site?
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

Looks like I have talked Tink into coming to this one and she may bring one of her friends. Now I am just keeping my fingers crossed that i do not have to work.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Foxgloves View Post
    Were you able to find out if your friend of a friend of a friend's friend will have firewood available? T2H and I can bring a little bit but with these bonfires that go L O N G into the night, we may need another resource.

BTW, who is hosting the Saturday night bonfire? Will that be at the group site?
    I have a jag of wood all cut and split. It's all Quaking Aspen but it should do the trick.
    I'm not sure if there are any firm plans as far as location of the fire but I may be mistaken.

I have a jag of wood all cut and split. It's all Quaking Aspen but it should do the trick.
    I'm not sure if there are any firm plans as far as location of the fire but I may be mistaken.
    Hollora plans to host the campfire on her lot, # 64. But if anyone wants one in the group area, that's fine too. Quiet hours start at 10:00 PM so it would need to be a very quiet campfire after that, at least in the main campground. At the group sites it doesn't matter so much (unless someone wants to sleep!).
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Was it just regular aspen before it found out it was going to hang out with you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    Hollora plans to host the campfire on her lot, # 64. But if anyone wants one in the group area, that's fine too. Quiet hours start at 10:00 PM so it would need to be a very quiet campfire after that, at least in the main campground. At the group sites it doesn't matter so much (unless someone wants to sleep!).
    Jean is correct here - I plan on everyone coming to the shore if you want. It's up to what everyone decides. I, too, am planning on bringing some wood but we are going up on Thursday - hope to have some left by Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    Was it just regular aspen before it found out it was going to hang out with you guys?
    Yup it started quaking when it saw me with the chain saw.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Jean is correct here - I plan on everyone coming to the shore if you want. It's up to what everyone decides. I, too, am planning on bringing some wood but we are going up on Thursday - hope to have some left by Saturday.
    I'm headed up Thursday too.
    I can't believe we will burn all this wood, but I hate to throw that out as a challenge.
    If we do... I know a guy, that knows a guy, that knows a guy in Eustis that I can steal some wood from.

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    If quite hours start at 10:00 PM in the main campground then it might be better to have the campfire for everyone in the group sites. Just a thought.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    If quite hours start at 10:00 PM in the main campground then it might be better to have the campfire for everyone in the group sites. Just a thought.
    It might be possible to have a fire one place for a while and then have a fire at the group spot later. We will be traveling with a toddler so whatever the group decides is fine with us. Just offered since we were on the lake.