vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: boredom sets in

Smile Frozen Shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    In my last year at the jail during annual self defense training, the instructor bent my arm back hurting my shoulder. For many months I had extreme pain in certain positions. When I finally went to a therapist, I was amazed when he showed me in a mirror how when I raised both arms over my head, one shoulder was not symetrical during the move. When I lost my insurance, I stopped the therapy. It took 11 months but at the end within a few weeks I was back to normal. A doctor said it was called a "frozen" shoulder and usually in about a year, it comes out of it on it's own. I don't know if you would want to go a full year with pain but if an operation is easy and affordable, I would choose that I think.
    I had frozen shoulder last summer. My left shoulder was so bad I could not but my belt through the loops. I was a referred to Bob Benner and very talented PT in Watervile, now Oakland and did about 8 weeks of PT with him twice a week. I also followed his recommendations on stretching exercies he recommended and I'm back to 100%. My injury came from lifting free weights incorrectly, I think. So your experience seems to have mirrored my own. A lot of folks would jump too quickly for the surgical option but as we can both attest the PT can resolve this problem. So with upper extremities intact, it's off to caching we go!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Wow Dave,
    That's not good news. I agree about opting out of surgery. Hollora and I had talked about Neurosurgeons etc. Mine is great. She told me to continue PT and hold off on an operation for now!! Mind over body and matter!
    HEAL THYSELF!!!!
    Best Wishes to you and Girlmate !!!!
    Opalsns

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    . . . My injury came from lifting free weights . . .!
    Ha . . . I knew exercise was hazardous to one's health.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I really don't want to know WHAT they messed up so I'm afraid to ask

Dave, take care and I'm there for ya buddy, in spirit anyways.
    Between you and Hiram and my imagination I'm really starting to wonder what happened to poor Dave . . . I'm getting some pretty wild and crazy thoughts as to what's messed up and how it got messed up.

In the meantime Dave here's another website for ya . . .

www.ratemycop.com
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Between you and Hiram and my imagination I'm really starting to wonder what happened to poor Dave . . . I'm getting some pretty wild and crazy thoughts as to what's messed up and how it got messed up.

In the meantime Dave here's another website for ya . . .

www.ratemycop.com
    trust me... you don't wanna know.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.