vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DeLorme Earthmate

Question DeLorme Earthmate

Anyone have any experience with this GPS? I'm seriously considering it for the map quality and the fact that it is on sale (~300 bucks, all maps included).

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by WZRD75 View Post
    Anyone have any experience with this GPS? I'm seriously considering it for the map quality and the fact that it is on sale (~300 bucks, all maps included).

Any advice?
    are you talkin about the handheld gps or the "earthmate" gps that plugs into a laptop??

the handheld one i haven't heard many good things about but i have one of the plug in ones for my laptop and i love it... but it's just been replaced by a tomtom...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

The handheld Earthmate PN-20 is what I am considering.

What have you heard that's negative? I know it tends to be slow, and I'm OK with that. Any other thoughts?

Thumbs up I know one user

Parmachenee has had one since they first came out. It had a few software glitches , but were straightened out. He loves his mostly for the maps. It's what he uses to cache with.
    Happy Trails!

hi, I have had my earthmate for just over a month and I love it. The mapping is great and the best part I never lose reception.

I understand that a long-time Magellan user who swore she would never go to another brand is using one of these now.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I don't remember specific issues, from what i recall, i brought up this unit in a previous thread, and i think haffy or brdad posted user reviews. I'll search and try to find the thread. (I do remember that the maps were nice, unit not so nice, and comments like delorme should just stick to the maps. but that was also quite a while ago when they first started comin out with em)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

They had some software issues similar to the growing pains that the Garmin Colorado is going through now but most of them have been taken care of and from what I read in other reviews and such it is a very nice unit and with the maps included with the unit, it can't be beat for the price. Delorme is very good at listening to the users of their units and also have a very good user forum where you can discuss the issues as well here.

http://forum.delorme.com/
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Well I have been using one now for about 2 weeks and even downloaded some of the satlite imagery, I do like this unit, However , it is definetly slow to recover sometimes from page to page. And I will have to admit that it is not as easy to mover around from task to task as my garmin Map76. Having said that, I do like the unit and will continue to use it. If garmin had as good as maps as delorme < I would most likely have gone with the MAP76cxs. THE PN-20 Is a quality built unit , thats part is for sure

I have had mine for about a month and found that even after the update it is a bit slow but it does seem to be fairly accurate. I have liked it so far but I do find that the Garmin units are a bit more refined and a little less klunky. But then I have been used to the Garmin units so that could jade my opion. I do like alot of the map features over the garmin.