vb:literal>

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Saving geocachingmaine.org

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Jake goes to the Islands and we get monkey pictures.
    I'll try and get some "monkey pictures" on our upcoming trip as well! LOL!

(Or would you rather have some pictures from the nude beaches?)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I'll try and get some "monkey pictures" on our upcoming trip as well! LOL!

(Or would you rather have some pictures from the nude beaches?)
    They have beaches with CLOTHED monkeys?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    They have beaches with CLOTHED monkeys?!?
    Well I have got a pic with a monkey wearing a diaper . . . maybe they wear other clothes?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Jake goes to the Islands and we get monkey pictures.
    What can I say . . . I have a "thing" for monkeys . . . in fact today I was invited in to a 1st grade class to read a book and I chose "Curious George At the Fire Station" -- I even dragged along my stuffed Curious George with me to the classroom.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Another thought on how to raise funds. What about marketing add space on the page. This could possible done for all users or just non doanating members??

Not sure what kind of $$$$ that would generate but could be some part of the budget.

Default Funds

When I was President of the 3 Pond Association, we initiated a "President's Club" wherein folks who gave $100 were recognized at the next annual meeting AND were given a hand painted loon which one of the members created as a hobby. The first year almost 25% of the 60 or so members opted to kick in the $100!!!!! And it's been the same since. So how about giving a Geocaching Maine shirt or a special coin to anybody who donates a significant amount (and it doesn't have to be $100) and also describing the donor as a special donor other then just donating member? For example "Sustaining donor" or something like that. I don't think people who can afford to give need a great deal of recognition but a little won't hurt. I agree with everybody who recognizes that mandatory fees for this type of site could prove fatal so maybe this concept might help.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Great idea dubord207. I have something that I do on my other web site that I never thought about doing here. Let me swing this by everyone.

We could create a block on the front page titled "Monthly Sponsor" and have the persons user name displayed in it. Then at the end of the month the next persons name would display in it. We could set the monthly sponsor block to $25 and then see how that goes. How does that sound? If you go to www.whiteblaze.com and look at the homepage you will see what I mean.
    Blazing Troll

I have been tossing around this idea that was mentioned by dubord207 about a sponsor and trying to incorporate it into the web site. There will be another program I need to purchase to get this running correctly. One of my concerns was about getting to many people sponsoring the web site and raising more then $500 per year. As I said I am not running the web site to make money. With much thought I have come to the conclusion that if we make more then the allotted $500 that we want then I will keep it in the account I have and it will be used for some of the other things that I have been paying for out of my pocket for the web site and some other things I have been working on for the web site and its promotion. I can report to the board members if there is any ammount over what we are trying to raise here and we can decide what to do with it.

I have put it on the home page now with my name as a sample.
    Blazing Troll

How about this ...we could print a shirt say maybe in bright bright yellow...then we could print on it ...LOOK AT ME...I'M REALLY IMPORTANT. This could be given to all the people that contribute more then the others.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I have been tossing around this idea that was mentioned by dubord207 about a sponsor and trying to incorporate it into the web site. There will be another program I need to purchase to get this running correctly. One of my concerns was about getting to many people sponsoring the web site and raising more then $500 per year. As I said I am not running the web site to make money. With much thought I have come to the conclusion that if we make more then the allotted $500 that we want then I will keep it in the account I have and it will be used for some of the other things that I have been paying for out of my pocket for the web site and some other things I have been working on for the web site and its promotion. I can report to the board members if there is any ammount over what we are trying to raise here and we can decide what to do with it.

I have put it on the home page now with my name as a sample.
    Just a side thought, but probably isn't much of a concern because we're not talking mass amounts of money, but does any of this fall under some kinda tax laws that might come around and bite us for raising too much money???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.