vb:literal>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slipping into summer cache 2008 questions

Hybrid View

Default Slipping into summer cache 2008 questions

I need some opinions here. Tink and I are contemplating right now on whether we are going to do our fourth annual Slipping into Summer event this year. Originally we did not think we were going to be able to host it because Tink has been sick and out of work since mid December. However things are looking up. She had surgery on Friday and is recouping very well. We’re hoping she will be 100% again in two weeks. Right now we are not sure if it will be June or July. Our son (Chris) in going into the Marines (bummer) and we are thinking about having family and close friend’s over for a BBQ for him in June. We have not picked that date yet.

We would still like to have the Slipping into Summer event in June but it would probably take too much out of us to have two weekend events at the house in one month. This is why we are thinking about doing it in July instead. We really like the idea of the pig roast because it is very easy to do once all the stuff is here at the house. All you have to do is light the coals and wait (set it and forget it). The only thing that is a pain about it is getting it all organized prior to the event and the cleanup the day after. We like the idea of having people come to an event and not have to worry about brining a dish or anything.

If in July it could possibly be the weekend of the 12th.

Our questions to everyone are.

• Would everyone still be interested in attending if it was in July?
    • Does everyone like the idea of keeping it a pig roast?
    • If you have other ideas other then a pig roast lets hear them?
    • If you would not like to see the event let us know this too?
    Blazing Troll

I'd be up for it. Pedalchick and I will be gone the weekends of June 28 and July 5, but most likely would be able to make any other weekends. Do what works for you and the people will come

Family first for sure......my first and only Slipping Into Event was last year - and it was awesome! I would love to attend again. July 12th looks good right now. The pig was great - and I would definitely bring a dish or something to share (just love to cook - that's my thing). Thanks for asking ~ and Sudonim is right ~ do what works for you.

Got to have the event!!!!!! It'll be my first Slippin into summer and I'm looking forward to it. Pig Roasts ROCK !!!!! I would also bring a dish. Anytime or day works for me!!!! I would also love to donate something for fund raising!!!!!!
    Feel Better soon Tink !!!
    Opalsns and BubbaBass

July 12th is good, pig roast is great, at your convenience is awesome. Will definately make a dish.
    Slowly but surely

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    [*]Would everyone still be interested in attending if it was in July?[*]Does everyone like the idea of keeping it a pig roast?
    Yes and yes. (Hope Tink is feeling better!)

Default Ditto for me...

Sorry to hear D hasn't been well. I will make the day work I hope. But then again it isn't about me personally. I'll give you a call later.
    Happy Trails!

I hope Tink is feeling better soon. I don' know if I'll be able to go, but I'd fly half way around the world for more pig!

Default Do what's best for you...

Tink get well soon......and then have the event when it works for you. We will all come and help out with a dish. And the clean up crew will once again work for food......leftovers.

I'll bring the filter if someone else can supply the helium.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

We would try to make it,we had to miss it last year and we felt bad. Our sons birthday is on that 7/12 weekend but I think that will be Sunday, so we could stop in for a bit on Saturday. As others have said, pick a date that works for you. Hope you feel better "D".