vb:literal>

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Slipping into summer cache 2008 questions

Lightbulb Spam trivia

Quote Originally Posted by team teebow View Post
    You are making me hungry.

How about if we tell Rik to make it a Spamapalooza.

This is the only state where Spam is shipped in a 40LB tin?
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    This is the only state where Spam is shipped in a 40LB tin?
    We could place that sucker on the pig cooker thingy. I wasn't about to try to spell rottisiere????
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Let's have a SPAM cook off. Who can make the yummiest dish using SPAM.

Woot - I am in on that!!

Default Slipping into Summer

I hope you have this event! It is a very special one for me. Four years ago I knew no one that cached. Haffy invited me, through geocaching.com to join geocachingmaine.com. Some people, on this site, told me my coordinates for a cache were off and we made arrangements to meet in Augusta, at the cache, to fix them. I met them at the cache and we got the right coordinates. They asked me if I wanted to go to an event that day. I followed them and it was the "Slipping into Summer" event. What a blast I had that day and I have remained friends with those people since then....
    Mainiac1957, Dave1976, Girlmate, BeachComber, were at the cache to set me straight. Others joined to find more Augusta caches. At the event I met ATroll (a fellow hiker) and Tink, Haffy, TAT (a "forever" friend) and Team2hunt (okay, I didn't remember meeting you at the event) and so many others.
    If you are shy about going to an event, don't be. I am not a "crowd" person, but I found there will be someone there to welcome you and make you feel at home.
    These people and everyone I have met since are the best!

You are making me hungry.

How about if we tell Rik to make it a Spamapalooza.
    Tom did I hear you volenteer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    I hope you have this event! It is a very special one for me. Four years ago I knew no one that cached. Haffy invited me, through geocaching.com to join geocachingmaine.com. Some people, on this site, told me my coordinates for a cache were off and we made arrangements to meet in Augusta, at the cache, to fix them. I met them at the cache and we got the right coordinates. They asked me if I wanted to go to an event that day. I followed them and it was the "Slipping into Summer" event. What a blast I had that day and I have remained friends with those people since then....
    Mainiac1957, Dave1976, Girlmate, BeachComber, were at the cache to set me straight. Others joined to find more Augusta caches. At the event I met ATroll (a fellow hiker) and Tink, Haffy, TAT (a "forever" friend) and Team2hunt (okay, I didn't remember meeting you at the event) and so many others.
    If you are shy about going to an event, don't be. I am not a "crowd" person, but I found there will be someone there to welcome you and make you feel at home.
    These people and everyone I have met since are the best!
    Karen, we are pretty sure we are going to have the event. You might as well mark your calendars. The pig may be out this year. We just have to much going on to have a pig, but I think Hiram will be here so I guess we will have a pig. Maybe fireworks instead for those that stay the night.
    Blazing Troll

[quote=attroll;42583]Tom did I hear you volenteer?

quote]

Rik - it has been me, Cheryl, posting about the SPAM.

Sheesh! How can you have a pig roast without a pig??? Rick - if you need a donation to help with the pig, count on me! (Pork fat RULES!)

If it is time that you are short on, let us know. Tom and I live close and we are willing to help roast that pig. Should we be looking for a pig?

It is your event and you do what you want and what is easiest for you. No pressure................................

You really should just TRY an event. They really are fun!!! You could go down the huge slip n slide. What more fun can you get than watching Hiram try to hold his beer upright while sliding down on Dawn? (oh, that sounds so wrong. )
    hey now, remember last year I upped the ante by going down backwards, while drinking the beer...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.