vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CITO event

Default CITO event

The Team is planning on attending, and helping out this coming Saturday April 19th with the annual CITO event. I will be heading over to the Wolfe's Neck State Park area. If anyone would like to join me and help to clean up this very scenic area. Please post here, or let me know in a PM. I plan on arriving at DeLorme around 10:30 to 11:00AM and heading over from there.

If you have a different area that you think would need clean up, go ahead and post that here too.

I noticed tonight that only 9 people have posted their intentions to attend. I hope that number grows, because we can, make a difference.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I am planning on being there. I may join you Gary.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Not to go off topic but CITO's down here are commonplace and usually in any given month there are a few going on in different parts of the state. Last year the state of SC had 76 CITO's. Pretty awesome I'd say.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Last year the state of SC had 76 CITO's. Pretty awesome I'd say.
    Sheesh, Haffy! I've lived in North Carolina, and I'm pretty sure South Carolina is a lot like it. Compared to Maine, that area NEEDS lots of CITO events! LOL!

What a dump!

[quote= What a dump! [/quote]I've also traveled a lot of the back roads in S.C. and have to agree "what a dump" . Just didn't want to say it. Thankfully we have Bruce for these times.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    I've also traveled a lot of the back roads in S.C. and have to agree "what a dump" . Just didn't want to say it. Thankfully we have Bruce for these times.
    Great . . . this is one of the states my wife says she wants to retire too in her effort to escape Maine Winters . . . needless to say I'm hoping retirement is later rather than sooner.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Gee thanks guys for all the thoughts about this state.. I would hope that not everyone feels about SC the way you do... I think though that a bottle bill like a lot of states have would help any state with their litter problem. I have always thought that there should be a national bottle bill and surely it would save a lot of energy as well in the process with recycling all those wasted can and bottles. Maine isn't the cleanest state that I have seen either and a good CITO in any part of that state would certainly help.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Haffy you are absolutely right when you say Maine isn't the cleanest state. Bicycling gives a person a different prospective on the highways we travel. Not only the poor conditions of most of our roads, but also the trash scattered along the ditches. Maine is right there with the rest of the offenders. One of my earliest rides last year was in the Bar Harbor area, without a doubt one of God's grandest achievements. This just happen to be clean up day all over the Island. The amount of trash collected from the roadsides was unbelievable. Made me think of that old TV commercial where the Indian was looking at all the garbage with a tear running down his cheek.

In all fairness John the last time I rode around your new state was twenty years ago, and that was a trip from Charlotte to Columbia on all back roads. A lot of these were small dirt roads in areas more rural then here in Maine. Hopefully things have improved over the years.

If we don't make it we can't throw it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Maine isn't the cleanest state that I have seen either and a good CITO in any part of that state would certainly help.
    True, I think Maine is surpassed by Vermont in the lack of litter on the roadsides.

I won't be able to make this one, feeling a bit under the weather. Hope to see y'all sometime soon.