vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Want to go along?

The snow is so deep in Bangor, it's up to the hood of my YJTB

Wide view of the house is in the photo gallery at
    http://www.geocachingmaine.org/galle...use3132005.jpg

Wish I could make it for a few caches, but have more important issues at home right now.

LOL on the Jeep TB!

I heard the word 'Onkgre' mentioned in the posts and (heh) I didn't list it because it's not fast... nor easy. Perhaps er... 'Fullfilling' would be a better discription?

If any of you go to do it at some point, I hope that you all enjoy it. It may be my best effort so far. You'll either love it or hate it, there is no middle ground. : )

Pardon me for forgetting 'Payson Park' Beech Comber. I had very much liked it but couldn't remember all the details and if it fit in the given criteria or not...

So that's 6 you can occupy yourself while down here. Let us (or me) know if you're looking for more just outside of Portland or somewhere close to Portland.

-GeoMaine- (Stephan)

I just hope the caches mentioned are "winter accessible"! LOL!

Wink Wellllllllll........

I suppose that depends on what you consider accessible

The snow may make them a bit more difficult to find. And there will undoubtedly be the need to trudge through some snow to get to the location, but all-in-all it shouldn't be too bad. But then again, I have my frolick in the snow to the Etna Bog Cache as my reference point! Winter caching certainly has it's challenges.
    Last edited by Beach Comber; 03-13-2005 at 10:29 PM.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Thumbs up Spring??

This week is the official first day of spring after all. Of course the snow will melt some before Saturday...won't it?
    Happy Trails!

Default I was there last weekend...

The only quick and easy thing I saw was "the director," and the Jetport one. The rest would be much more pleasurable after the melt...wait and go when you can really enjoy your time there. Just my .02!

I did "The Director" and the Jetport Bg Hotel when I took RULOST2? to the airport! LOL!

The bug hotel needs a better container, though. It is a medium-small plastic container, and was damp inside when I was there. That's why I didn't leave the TB I brought with me.

It was sorta full, too.

Hello all;

The caches I initially listed (plus the one that Beach Comber later mentioned) are all very winter friendly caches.

You will need to trudge but you won't dig* - I promise! (but please refer back to my original post for the notes on "A Peaceful Read" for the explanation behind the * I just gave you...)

Please note the info on these caches are coming straight from the horses' mouth, so to speak! : ) You could safely say that Beach Comber and I are pretty much 'the scene' here in interior Portland. I certainly don't want to exclude anyone but I definitely have to mention that 'TeamHorwich' is also active with hiding a few caches just outside of the Portland area.

I'm actually surprised you got "director" I would have thought that the "stone behind statue in bushes" would have been nicely buried by now. : )

Good luck and leave a post if you're looking for additions to the five remaining caches and what area you think you might like to head to.

-GeoMaine- (Stephan)

Well, I just talked to RULOST2?, and she agreed that if after I spent the day geocaching tomorrow (she gets back late tomorrow night), I thought the snow was too much of a bother for us to continue geocaching on Thursday, we'd go shopping for a NEW CAR!!! Sheesh! Gotta love that girl!

Thumbs up Fun!

WOW!!!! That sounds like a great way to spend a winter day! Have fun!
    ~ Beach Comber ~