vb:literal>

Thread: GPS Special Features

Default GPS Special Features

I'm new to geocaching, and have been using the Garmin Forerunner 305. It's designed for running (which is why I bought it), but I've discovered that the navigation features on it to be very adequate for geocaching.

Are there other features on other units that really help out a lot? What more do you really need other than an electronic compass pointing you to where you need to go and how far away you are? I'm sure I'm missing plenty here.

Default no answer here

I don't really have an answer, but wanted to say, sorry that I missed you in the chat tonight, maybe Wednesday!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by JamieoftheNorth View Post
    I'm new to geocaching, and have been using the Garmin Forerunner 305. It's designed for running (which is why I bought it), but I've discovered that the navigation features on it to be very adequate for geocaching.

Are there other features on other units that really help out a lot? What more do you really need other than an electronic compass pointing you to where you need to go and how far away you are? I'm sure I'm missing plenty here.
    Well speaking from my perspective I think if you had a GPS with maps and autorouting abilities you would really love that as well. Nothing better than driving down the road and knowing where you are going especially when you're are in foreign territory,plus the added benefit of the extra POI's are really helpful as well.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

ive got a foretrex 101 that i use now and then, and its got a waypointing function so that you can load waypoints from your pc onto the fortrex... but i lost the cable, so i just put em in manually (that makes it much easier for going from cache to cache)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.