vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems w/My Garmin VISTA Cx

Default Problems w/My Garmin VISTA Cx

There are times when I try to ZOOM in on a map on the unit and it makes the unit shut off. Has anyone else seen this before? Sometimes I try to access the FIND function and it will do this too. It only does this when I have the GPS on batteries, not when its plugged into the 12v port in the truck. I have changed batteries and it helped for a while. The battery indicator tells me its at full strength. Is there something seriously wrong with my Vista?

Where the hell is that thing?

Are the batteries low on charge?
    Blazing Troll

d’76 Guest

I had the similar problem with my 60c and I took the batteries out and snugged up the contacts where they touched the batteries. that solved my problem. Good Luck

Spit on em!

I've always found that Garmins work best after you leave them in the snow for a few weeks, throw them in a nearby river and drop them on to the tar a few times.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Smile Garmin vs. Magellan

We all knew that one was coming. Did you help the Captain of the cruise ship find his way around with your Magellan? Pretty sure the Exxon Valdeez was using a Magellan!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I've always found that Garmins work best after you leave them in the snow for a few weeks, throw them in a nearby river and drop them on to the tar a few times.
    Last edited by attroll; 05-02-2008 at 01:25 AM.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    We all knew that one was coming. Did you help the Captain of the cruise ship find his way around with your Magellan? Pretty sure the Exxon Valdeez was using a Magellan!

Nope . . . For some reason he never asked for my help.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

I will check the contacts again. One got broken and I had to replace it with tin foil to make a connection. That may be where the problem is. There are times that it works fine and then I turn it on and it will immediately shut off again, and I have to fight with it to keep it on. Then it can work fine again.

Where the hell is that thing?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilHomer View Post
    I will check the contacts again. One got broken and I had to replace it with tin foil to make a connection. That may be where the problem is. There are times that it works fine and then I turn it on and it will immediately shut off again, and I have to fight with it to keep it on. Then it can work fine again.
    Tin foil? Are you sure you're not using a Magellan?

I mean Hiram has a Garmin and utilizes quite a bit of tin foil . . . but he uses it to fashion a hat while outdoors caching so the aliens won't attempt to suck out his brain waves.

I would suggest giving Garmin a call and I'm sure they can help you. They have excellent customer service and they will respond promptly. Here is their toll free # (800)-800-1420
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.