vb:literal>

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Etiquette for Signature Items

I was glad for the 1/1 caches last summer when I was clomping around in an orthotic boot. Changed my opinion of caching.
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Ah yes, let us all pause for a moment and mourn the demise of the ammo can which seems to becoming an endangered species as the cheaper, smaller micros gain an evolutionary foothold as they prosper.
    Kinda like how we did 24 caches last weekend and only came across 2 that were big enough for your TBs...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

CANAAN .... NO MICROS !!!!! ALL TBs FIT !!!!!!
    Did you find any beer caches or monkeys in a cache????

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee View Post
    I don't post often but I should point out that GC.COM allows 25 (not including .5 levels) levels of a combination of terrain and difficulty which gives a geocacher many options of placing and finding caches, not to mention types such as puzzle, earthcaches, cam and event caches. If you don't like a particular type of cache, simply don't do it. Others may find that type to be a particularly nice challenge. That's the great thing about geocaching...there is something for everyone at every level.
    Micros
    Treasure caches

Simply Not Doing It .... Priceless !!!!!!!!

In my limited experience with geocaching so far, there have been three micros that have been so cleverly camouflaged it could be considered art. A lot of thought and prep went into these bad boys. I walked away pretty amazed with the creativity. Dare I say these three are also my favorites.

Variety.. spice of life...

Just my two cents.

Default That's how I feel Jamie...

Just when I think I'd seen all the types of micros there are then I find some new clever way to hide them. This past weekend caching in Canada was proof of that. Many micros with wonderful views. Some very clever ones too.
    Happy Trails!

I'll agree with those past two comments, but with a little imagination a person can hide an ammo box cleverly, too.

I think if we wish to continue this topic, it should be done so in a new thread, funny how signature items turn into cache size opinions!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Signature Items

Got to jump in here. I LOVE signature items. I'm not "crafty" so I buy mine but finding a sig makes my day. I'm not fond of micros but there have been some memorable ones. And at the end of a hard day a few are good "for the numbers". Most of my caches are ammos or Lock and Lock, I try to check them and remove the garbage every year. And when I find a really run-down cache somewhere, I clean it up a bit and leave a few good things for the next person. But the best thing to bring home with you is the memories!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Kinda like how we did 24 caches last weekend and only came across 2 that were big enough for your TBs...
    Yup . . . I was some glad to finally find that second ammo can . . . otherwise I would have carried those TBs right back to Central Maine.

Personally I have nothing against micros . . . I prefer regular caches though . . . in fact I love LT's delightfully evil micros and I have seen some great micros in great spots . . . and on the flip side I have seen way too many parking lots.

My original post was simply to point out the fact that there seems to be more and more micros being hidden (a trend that has been going on for awhile of course) and ammo cans aren't being used as much . . . honestly, I wasn't trying to stir up the old "I-hate-micros" vs. the "I-love-micros" debate . . .

While I personally find it more of a challenge to hide a larger container than a micro in the woods, I think micros definitely have their place -- especially in urban areas -- and in the right area they are very appropriate. However, it seems like some folks just hide micros since they're cheaper and easier . . . very little investment in a container, swag, etc.

As Parmacheenee mentioned the truly great thing about this hobby however is that there is something for everyone . . . for the micro lovers, macro lovers and the macaroni and cheese lovers.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    CANAAN .... NO MICROS !!!!! ALL TBs FIT !!!!!!
    Did you find any beer caches or monkeys in a cache????
    Boy . . . you really are trying to get us to come up your way aren't you? Don't worry . . . I'll make it up that way . . . maybe with Hiram and Medawisla in tow.

There aren't any monkeys up that way though are there?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."