vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Read this log

Default Read this log

On Friday while caching in S. Maine I did Boulder Dash GCNQKT in Alfred. Last night when logging in my cache, I noticed there was a log posted from the owner. It's a very moving story about the owner of this cache and the medical problems that he has been dealing with. Didn't know what should be done, so thought I would give all of you a heads up. Maybe someone with more experience in these matters will know what to do.

Quite a story. It would be neat to do something, maybe someone will have an idea.

This is the cache

Boulder Dash (GCNQKT) by RabidMoogle (1/3)
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Post That was quite a sad tale

That really was quite the sad story. I don't know what you would even say to a guy that has been through so much at such a young age. My heart goes out to him.
    Happy Trails!

Vic we did this one 3/26/06 and the ice was so cool. We will try to help out in any way that we can. We will always remember this cache as being the most organized cache we have ever found. The ice was melting at the time when we went there but it still had a nice blue tint to it.

I just emailed the owner to see if there was anything we could do to help with the cache.

Thanks Vic for pointing this out.

Default December 28, 2006

I logged that cache with kayakerinme a long time ago. I remember taking a small Kimoto dragon from the cache in a trade. He is still hanging around on the dashboard of the truck. Sometimes it's the place you visit, and sometimes it's the cool find. This time it's the story behind the cacher. I'll make it a point to stop and check on the cache when I visit the area.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by team moxiepup View Post
    I just emailed the owner to see if there was anything we could do to help with the cache.

Thanks Vic for pointing this out.
    Thanks for caring ...you just reaffirmed what this group is all about. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Why don't we all hook up this weekend and meet at a designated spot and go to this cache together and do a cito on this cache and pick up all trash on the way in and out and clean the area up for this guy and bring a new container in case one is needed. We can even invite the guy to come with us.

What does everyone think about that idea. I can start coordinating this if we can get people interested.
    Blazing Troll

Just logged this cache yesterday, but didn't read the owner's entry until just now. It's between where I work and where I live, and I sometimes run on the trails that go near this cache. I'd also like to help out. I have a few extra notepads that work great for logbooks and could easily put one in.

I messaged the owner and told him I could put a new logbook in and offered help if he needs it.