There has been a Racoon coming around at night this spring.He has been eating the left over winter bird seed and whatever else he digs up in the yard. Last weekend we were doing yard clean up and opened the lawnmower shed to get tools. We found that said Racoon was a SHE and had a litter of 5 or 6 under her. The poor thing started yakin away all upset. We got what we needed and I talked to her calmly, like I did when I first saw her in the yard, and she calmed down. We shut the shed and left her be. At night she goes in and out through the eaves of the shed and down a pine tree.I reserched and found that the babes were probabally just born and she won't be weening them for 2 to 4 months. THEN, they stay with the mother in her home till next spring. Now, I don't mind them being there till July or so, but after that I would like my shed back. We live in the woods with part of our property being a marsh. Lots of wildlife here,which we love and we know there is enough of what they need to survive out there. I don't want to scare her off now for fear she'll get killed and leave the litter for us to tend to.But I also know the destruction they can cause when they get bigger. I figure when I see them going in and out,it will be time to scare them off. But I'm no expert so any advise would be appreciated.
Thanx
Opalsns and BubbaBass