vb:literal>

Thread: Aefuss's Birthday...

Smile Aefuss's Birthday...

Happy Birthday buddy! We miss you a lot and have a new reason to go caching. This weekend, we are gonna try a couple of tough ones for you...you would have cheered us on, then told us how much we should buy a Jeep.

Friends of Aefuss have also ordered some memorial pathtags for you and they will be here in a few weeks. We'll make sure to place them in caches you would have liked, and we will trade them around the world to spread your story.

If heaven didn't have a Jeep/geocaching club, I bet you started one when you got there. See you on the beach.

Default Who is Aefuss?

Some of the folks here are new and do not know the story of Aefuss. He was a Maine Cacher from Down East (the the Eastport, Machias, Calais area) who was trying to help a friend during a domestic violence situation and was killed. The domestic violence victim also was killed and one of her children injured.

This man was instrumental in teaching many from his area to Geocache. He, also, was part of a Jeep 4X4 group the WACO Wranglers. He was passionate about his interests, loved kayaking, hiking, Jeeping, bon fires on the beach and enjoying people.

Four of us traveled to his memorial service in Calais. We came to know his friends through the passionate and moving memorial. There was a very diverse audience, from law enforcement (he worked as a dispatcher for Calais PD) to community members. One message which we carried home was community and also to all work towards stamping out Domestic Violence.

Happy 1st Birthday in Heaven Aefuss! We will keep the spirit alive - See you on the Beach!

It is hard for mere mortals to understand how senseless acts like this could be part of God's plan. Celebrating birthdays in heaven suck, especially for those left behind on earth. Cheryl and I would like to share with all of Aefuss' friends that each birthday gets a little easier. As we all go caching this weekend lets think of how precious life is and how short it can be. Happy Birthday Aefuss.

I have a few of the In Memory of Aefuss pathtags left if there is anyone interested. Please contact me via PM or email.

If you happen to get one of these special tags, please make sure to log it online so that your location shows on the map. Thank you!
    Last edited by Cache Maine; 06-05-2008 at 09:44 PM.

Thumbs up It's your day.....

but we will use it here on Earth to remember you by. I'm sure you wouldn't have minded sharing it. Having recently travelled to Nash Lake and done your cache there. It is easy to see why you had the passion for Jeep'in it out in the woods. By placing the cache there, it will always stand to bring a little of what you were about to those who seek it out. Thanks for placing it there, and brining us to such a wonderful place. I will always think of this place, and you, when I see a Jeep TB in a cache.

Happy Birthday.........
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I want to tell you all how wonderful you are. Your kindness continues to touch me! and continues to confirm for me that Aaron left those of us who loved him with many, many blessings. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.