As some of you may know I will be going to Las Vegas for a Convention in a few weeks . . . while some folks have been telling me how "lucky" and "fun" Vegas is I have to confess that I really am going for the Convention and not for the trip since I don't particularly care for the whole idea of Vegas (as I've told more than one person . . . if I want to see the Eiffel Tower I would rather go to Paris than see a 2/3 scale replica . . . if I want to see New York I would rather see the real place . . . etc.)

So anyways, I'm looking forward to the Convention (last year I was even mildly surprised when I was walking down on the Convention floor with one of our Inspectors and there I was being projected on a plasma TV . . . turns out a PSA I did with the National Christmas Tree Association was being played since the NCTA had a booth set up there) . . . but I was wondering if folks have any suggestions of things to do, places to go, etc. that are . . . well . . . not so "plastic" and "neon."

Of course I'm hoping to grab a few caches in the area . . . although it seems like most of them are virtuals and micros . . .