vb:literal>

Thread: RE: ATV Club Pancake Breakfast

Default RE: ATV Club Pancake Breakfast

OK, some of you may or may not have an ATV . . . but most of you do like to eat!

Just a FYI if you're geocaching in the area.

------------------------------------------------------

The Thorndike Trail Blazers ATV Club (Thorndike, Maine) will be hosting a pancake breakfast along with the Unity House of Pizza (Main St.) on May 31st from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. $5
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

An update:

May 31: The Thorndike Trail Blazers ATV Club (Thorndike, Maine) will be hosting a pancake breakfast along with the Unity House of Pizza (Main St.) on May 31st from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. at the Unity House of Pizzza. $5. At 11 a.m. the Club will be having a Club Ride open to members and non-members. We will be meeting at the UHOP Parking Lot and then trailering the quads to a point where we can unload and ride the Thorndike and Troy Trail System. This ride is free and open to anyone.

May 26: The Thorndike Trail Blazers ATV Club will be riding in the Unity Memorial Day Parade. Members should meet at the School at 8:30 a.m. for line-up. The parade starts at 9 a.m.

June 15: The Thorndike Trail Blazers will be riding from the Airline Snack Bar to either Grand Lake Stream, Cherryfield or Nicatous (destination to be decided). Club members should meet at the Depot General Store at 7 a.m. Club ride for members.

June 17: The Thorndike Trail Blazers ATV Club will have their regularly scheduled business meeting at the Unity House of Pizza at 7 p.m.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Default Atv Club

Just like last week this very same guy was complaining about someone selling something on this site and now this very same guy has posted a pancake Breakfest seems strange its ok for him to spam and not others

2 years ago I won a new 4 wheeler from this very same club and when they finley let me have it it was very well used as the club president was useing it when i picked it up it was covered in mud and i was ashamed to even show it off ...

Dave, I think the issue with spammers is a new member, on their first post, listing a service or item with little or no connection to caching or related interests.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DiverDave1998 View Post
    Just like last week this very same guy was complaining about someone selling something on this site and now this very same guy has posted a pancake Breakfest seems strange its ok for him to spam and not others

2 years ago I won a new 4 wheeler from this very same club and when they finley let me have it it was very well used as the club president was useing it when i picked it up it was covered in mud and i was ashamed to even show it off ...

Sounds to me that you might be a bit bitter about some underlying issue. If I remember correctly you where trying to pick up caching chicks for a date when you first became a member.

As Sudonim mentioned my issue was with first time posters that come to the site and start posting items for sale or non-sense . . . as I have seen in the near past, not all of these folks are spammers -- some simply don't have a lot to say which is fine as well.

The reason I posted the pancake breakfast was as a FYI . . . if you're in the neighborhood sort of thing since I know a number of geocachers also have ATVs . . . if the majority of members here feel as though something of this sort doesn't fit in with the gcmaine.org site (under the "Other Stuff" category) then I would have no issue with anyone pulling it.

As for the final item . . . first off, congratulations . . . you must have bought the ticket from Jeff I assume. To my knowledge the ATV was not used other than being set up for displays. However, I suppose it is possible that our Club President Bridget could have been riding it . . . although I would be quite surprised since she's rather tall and that ATV was rather small.

My first reaction to the post was excitement and thankfulness for the heads-up opportunity to meet other potentially responsible off-roading geocachers. Thank you Jake for posting it.

DiverDave, I'm sorry to hear about your horrible experience, and also not surprised. Unfortunately many abuse their positions of influence, and make poor choices.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

. . .
    I forgot to also add that the Thorndike Trail Blazers ATV Club has only been in existence for one year (we officially formed last year -- incorporation paperwork can be found with the State of Maine) -- the ATV raffle that Dave may be referring to (assuming here since many other ATV Clubs have had similar raffles) could have been one done by the Troy ATV Club two years ago.

The Thorndike Club is a wholly separate club from the Troy Club . . . that said, I was/am affiliated with both Clubs -- former Secretary/current member with the Troy Club and current President of the Thorndike ATV Club.

Just clearing up some misinformation.

I was a bit curious to see what Bridget (the Troy ATV Club President) would have to say so I sent her a link. Here's her response completely unaltered (well other than some other paragraphs talking about the parade, future BBQ, etc.) Incidentally this was a small ATV (basically made for an older child/young teen) and Bridget is easily 6 feet plus.

------

Gosh, well thank you. No one ever road that ATV and I don't think the
    guy knows what he is talking about because the winner of the ATV picked it up for Chase Toys because he had some paperwork to fill out for it. Trust me, I wouldn't be able to ride that machine even if I wanted too!!!!! I guess some people have nothing better to do in there spare time! Thanks for defending the Troy ATV Club.