vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TB Fraud

Does it really matter for what reason you take a trip to another country/continent? Whether its for caching, or something else, your still going to have fun either way.

Where the hell is that thing?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilHomer View Post
    Does it really matter for what reason you take a trip to another country/continent? Whether its for caching, or something else, your still going to have fun either way.
    Exactly! We love to travel and do whatever we can to encourage other people to do so as well. A good example is the Mega event in Quebec City in August. I know a lot of people are afraid of Quebec because (SHEESH!) they speak French there. but we've never had a problem. This would be a great opportunity for Mainers to GET OUT THERE! It's only 5 hours from Central Maine to Quebec City.

And as for sightseeing, last summer we really enjoyed camping in the area beyond Quebec City, on the north shore of the St Lawrence. There's a great camping area within an easy drive of the city that would be a good base for the event.

Trouble with Quebec is, when looking up caches on Geocache.com, there are no maps available for all of Canada when you click on the map feature. Also, logs, hints, and the such are all written in French so those of us that are only "lingual" and not bilingual can't read them.

As far as translating the hints, you only need to know "Sous un tas de brindilles"

I went to look up a few caches in Quebec and the maps were available on GC.com.

Yes most of the writeups were in French but a few of the logs were in English. The coordinates and difficulty were all OK.

I think it could be fun to go there.

A house is not a home without a cat.

As far as the TB fraud... all one would have to do to rack up the "numbers" would be to enter a six digit number under the Trackable items and go up sequentially looking for hits on the TBs. No need to send out emails drawing attention to yourself. Guess these folks ain't that smat
    It would be a bit tougher to get hits on coins but it could be done. Now the question is WHY??

Quote Originally Posted by team moxiepup View Post
    As far as the TB fraud... all one would have to do to rack up the "numbers" would be to enter a six digit number under the Trackable items and go up sequentially looking for hits on the TBs. No need to send out emails drawing attention to yourself. Guess these folks ain't that smat
    It would be a bit tougher to get hits on coins but it could be done. Now the question is WHY??
    Numbers! It's all about the numbers! It doesn't matter if they're real numbers, as long as they have more than you!

I think they were targeting the Jeeps, since most are not owned by cachers, and they are not going to pay attention to someone logging it falsely. If you just picked random TB numbers, your odds of choosing one owned by someone that might catch you are higher. you could, however, search for just Jeep number with the JP prefix. But that's one at a time. If they could have gotten a list of all the Jeeps I put out the first year, they'd have a big list.

Regardless, I am glad there is little if any of this going on around in Maine.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."