vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RE: "Bon Voyage" Hiram and Medawisla

That was an awesome slideshow! You got some great and unique pictures - I felt like I was there!!!

Of course the music helped

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    OK here it is, the long awaited slideshow of Colorado! Complete with a fitting John Denver soundtrack!

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...oradoMovie.flv
    The pictures were great, but that soundtrack...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I don't know . . . I'm more of an alternative rock/Celtic kind of guy and I actually liked the music . . . kind of set the theme for the slideshow.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I'm more of an alternative rock/Celtic kind of guy and I actually liked the music . . .
    Celtic! Yeah! Celtic Woman!! Haley Westenra!

Sure beat John Denver!

(Somehow I think that even Hiram would like Haley Westenra... )

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Nice slide show and some nice photographs. Colorado is a gorgeous state! The bird is a winter plumed sage grouse. Ptarmigan are easily the size of a small turkey and are most often found starting in the tiaga working up toward the artic. I've hunted both and I've hunted Colorado many, many times as we had a family "bungalow" in Glenwood Springs. The "pass" on 70 can be very troubling in November.

You guys look to have had a great time! Thanks for sharing your photos, they came out great!
    I thought the same thing about the sage grouse, but 1 they have the big poofy chest because they inflate to make the alien sounds, and 2 look closely at the eys, at the red beneath them, I looked at a lot of pictures of sage grouse and found none with that red eyeline underneath, whereas the Rock Ptarmigans are the only ones I've found with the eyelines... perhaps they're a backwoods colorado crossbreed...??
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I don't know . . . I'm more of an alternative rock/Celtic kind of guy and I actually liked the music . . . kind of set the theme for the slideshow.

Well... I couldn't really find celtic music about colorado... But if you do happen to find some, I can make a remix just for you guys...

Celtic! Yeah! Celtic Woman!! Haley Westenra!

Sure beat John Denver!

(Somehow I think that even Hiram would like Haley Westenra... )

oh yee of little faith bruce, ask stef, www.liveireland.com is my favorite radiostation.

I thought the same thing about the sage grouse, but 1 they have the big poofy chest because they inflate to make the alien sounds, and 2 look closely at the eys, at the red beneath them, I looked at a lot of pictures of sage grouse and found none with that red eyeline underneath, whereas the Rock Ptarmigans are the only ones I've found with the eyelines... perhaps they're a backwoods colorado crossbreed...??
    hehe, only the male sage grouse poof out. I think there is a type of ptarmigan out there. The striation looks a sage grouse though. The only real way to tell is to roast it and taste it...
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

oh yee of little faith bruce, ask stef, www.liveireland.com is my favorite radiostation.
    (OK, Aaron, I understand. Since Steph reads the forums, you don't want to say anything about Haley Westenra. I understand. REALLY! I understand...)

Nice job on the slide show. Looks as though you had great time. I have taken lots of pictures in the rockies and like yours they are o.k., but no amount of pictures can capture what it feels like to be standing there humbly looking up at those mts. Blaine and I rode into Glazier park on a very foggy afternoon we couldn't see any mts at all from our campsite. When I crawled out of my tent the next morning the sun was shining brightly and the sky was as blue as it gets. If I live for another sixty years I will never forget what it felt like to look up at those mts all around us. Pedaling a bike over them is also something I won't forget real soon