vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kayak Camping Event

Default Kayak Camping Event

Hi Y'all,

I have been thinking about posting a Kayak Camping Event this summer and was looking to see what everyone thinks.

The first question is when. I am looking at some time in July or August. What weekend soes everyone think would be good?

Second would Be Where? My first thought was going out to Warren Island again this year but that is open.

My current thought is that I may be going out on Friday and possible going out for the entire week if anyone is interested but the event would be for the weekend.

Is there any interest in doing this again this year and what ideas on this do y'all have on this.

RobT

Rob, keep in mind if we do the Slipping into Summer event it will be the weekend of the 12th of July.
    Blazing Troll

I always liked the Deer island camping spot but of course I won't be attending though but that was a great camping area. Just watch out for the elephants.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Ric,

I am putting that date on my calender as I do not want to conflict with your event. I would hate to have to miss my own event cause I was at yours

Haffy,

Dear Island, how tough a paddle is that? that could be an idea if it is something that everyone could do. I figured I would post it as I wanted to get a idea of what everyone else thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    I always liked the Deer island camping spot but of course I won't be attending though but that was a great camping area. Just watch out for the elephants.
    Do you mean Deer Isle or Deer Island . . . for some reason I thought you folks were on Deer Isle.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Stonington where we had the 1st Kayak Kache event. It was a blast!!! Here is the archived cache page with the location. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...a-8cc83c331702

Haffy - that place looks nice. Tom wants to take his kayak on the ocean, me well, I am a big CHICKEN! What fun this could be!
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Haffy,

Deer Isle looks like a good idea, looks like it would be fun as well as would allow others to access that do not want to camp. Definatly very high in the running.

Ok what weekend looks good for everyone?

Pedalchick enjoying some early morning solitude in a good read on the beach at the 1st kayak kache event.

Some great starfish along the beach.

Definitely a great spot but the last event here - Group Spot #1 did not work out so well ........... I will let others speak to their concerns. Post the date and if I can come I will. the Kayak event of 2006 was the second for my daugher and I am more than memorable.