vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camping Question

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    There is a good campground on the Kennebec on Rt. 2 heading out of Skowhegan on the right,can't remember the name though but you can't miss it and also a KOA campground heading out of Canaan on Rt.2 as well just a few miles north of there. I lived in Fairfield until last June when I moved down here to SC so I know a few places to camp.

Hope you do a few of my adopted caches while you are in the area too.

Mill Island Park Fairfield

Yankee Woodlot Trail Skowhegan

Perkins Stream Mystery Cache Waterville

French's Mountain Belgrade

Many more in the area by Brdad,Hiram357,Laughing Terry, all great hides by great cachers.
    If you're in the area I would highly recommend the caches on Mill Island, the Yankee Woodlot in Skowhegan and the caches near Perkins Stream . . . haven't done French's Mt. yet, but if it's like any of the other caches I'm sure it's in a good spot.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Are you looking for a place to set up tent or RV? Green Valley Campground in Vassalboro may be one to look at. There is another one on 3 mile pond but I don't know the name of it. Then up toward Skowhegan is Lakeview campground and Lake George. I thought there was a place on Pattee's pond that had camping, it may be out of business and it was called Giardani's or something similar to that. Hiram is probably correct in suggesting that you look in the DeLorme or even the yellow pages... Good luck
    I was thinking that Hiram should just invite him to pitch his tent at his place . . . of course it would have to be in the parking lot outside of his apartment.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    Both Haffy and Whererwe HIt it on the head. The KOA has little cabins and the other way in Skowhegan is the other Camp ground, both on RT 2 and they have great hook ups for campers, Pool ,free showers. You might want to look them up and call ahead; Memorial day wknd; That's when they come out of the woodwork... Oh and Haffy forgot to mention all the GREAT caches here in CANAAN. I hear OH DEER!!! is a great cache and IN THE BIRCHES, just wonderful. Heck, There are 7 caches within 3 miles of each other in CANAAN !!!!!!!
    COME ON UP!!!
    Opalsns and BubbaBass

Team Cachin' Crow
    And once again she gets points for trying . . . maybe this weekend . . . depends on how things go around the house and what other folks are doing . . .

Of course, Unity is also only a hop, skip and jump away from Fairfield. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by bmeserve View Post
    Thanks everyone! I know we plan on walking the French's Mountain Trail and probably the Brenton-Winslow Rotary Trail....

I'm kind of getting excited about planning a vacation in my own back yard! GO figure it would be more fun then out of state haha

We arn't going till June or so but I called the valley one and they are already booking up fast so she suggested I decided fairly quickly on when we are going...guess I need to get my friends on the ball then and yes we'll (or at least I) will definitely plan on grabbing some while up there! Once I know when and where I'll be looking up the GC's

If you have never done any caching in the Waterville Area I think you'll be pleasantly surprised . . . there are some "don't miss" caches in the area . . . but honestly most of them there are fantastic.

Black flies are back; bring deet.
    Nuffer

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    If you have never done any caching in the Waterville Area I think you'll be pleasantly surprised . . . there are some "don't miss" caches in the area . . . but honestly most of them there are fantastic.

I haven't I only have 4 under my belt and one is a virtual haha I'm still a newbie. I'm going out this weekend though. Especially on Monday I'm going out in the am then hitting up the Sea Dogs game then going back out at night probably ... I got my list of ones in the greater portland area I want to grab.

Quote Originally Posted by bmeserve View Post
    I haven't I only have 4 under my belt and one is a virtual haha I'm still a newbie. I'm going out this weekend though. Especially on Monday I'm going out in the am then hitting up the Sea Dogs game then going back out at night probably ... I got my list of ones in the greater portland area I want to grab.
    In that case you should like the Waterville Area . . . lots of caches in the area and they bring you to some really nice places. While they may prove frustrating you really should try some of Laughing Terry's "Plain Sight" caches in the area (they bring you to some nice spots and can be quite challenging) and Ol' 470 is a must -- although many of us have had to return back to Ol' 470 . . . some of us more often than others!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    In that case you should like the Waterville Area . . . lots of caches in the area and they bring you to some really nice places. While they may prove frustrating you really should try some of Laughing Terry's "Plain Sight" caches in the area (they bring you to some nice spots and can be quite challenging) and Ol' 470 is a must -- although many of us have had to return back to Ol' 470 . . . some of us more often than others!
    Ol' 470... bad memories... searching.. *shudders* getting... dark... *passes out*

Heh, the Ol' 470 was my first cache, I live within walking distance, and walked back and forth about 5 times in one day... I would go there, then go home and look at the page, go back, look at clue and pics, go back, bring stef, go back.. ect ect... (lol, my first mistake was going there and saying "how hard can this be...") although it is extremely obvious, it's just about invisible given it's location. I actually brought a freind new to caching there a year or so ago, and he had to DNF it because even with my help, we couldnt find it. (It likes to move around....)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.