vb:literal>

Thread: Heading to Bangor on Saturday

Default Heading to Bangor on Saturday

I thought I would try out this new category.

First of I want to thank Team2Hunt for suggesting this.

I May be heading to Bangor to conduct a little business on Saturday. I will know for sure tomorrow if I am going or not.

I was wondering if anyone might be interested in tagging along. I will be leaving from Litchfield and heading up the turnpike to Bangor. The business I have is in town Bangor and should not last more then 1/2 hour. After that I am free game for caching as long as I am back in Litchfield by 8:45 pm.
    Blazing Troll

If I can sneak away from the yard sale here at home, I might have some free time. Any interest in looking for hockey pucks in the woods or visiting any of my other caches? If nothing else you can stop by and say hi if you'd like.

You Sank My Battleship! (GCB688) by brdad (4/2)
    EaglEyeStash (GCGGXG) by brdad (3/3)
    A mile from a halfmile (GC8D2A) by brdad (1.5/2.5)
    Halfmile (GCH21C) by brdad (3/3.5)
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

My plans are in stone. I am going to be in town Bangor by 11 am. If anyone wants to tag along with me and Tink let me know. We will be leaving Litchfield around 9 - 9:30 time frame.
    Blazing Troll

That is an awesome idea - I am only sorry I didn't see your post till Sunday
    The Geek Squad called & said my Monitor is ready to come home - Yippie! I get my desk space back!!! Too Bad I didn't have the coordinates for the store, I would have mentioned to ya that there was a 19in black geocache inside under my name & if you had brought it back this way, I'd trade you some swag for it :-)

Too bad I saw your post AFTER the fact :-)

This honestly is a good idea though. How often have we wanted to travel to areas outside our home to Cache but either didn't want to do it alone or with the prices lately, had to reconsider because of Gas... This is both fun, economical, and better for the environment if you can convince a few friends to join you.

Is there a set of ground rules for this mentioned anywhere? Things such as meeting and parking, sharing expenses, going separate ways at the destination, and meeting back up. We shared a trip with someone in Washington D.C from Virginia once. We all agreed to meet at a monument at an exact time. We were there early and spent over 45 minutes after the agreed upon time waiting. The person never came. We then spent the rest of the afternoon trying to find him, going back to the meeting place several times. It wasted our whole afternoon from siteseeing, and ruined the day. We finally gave up looking, drove back to where we were staying, and found the person there. They had gotten tired of siteseeing and took a bus back to the house. This was before cellphones were invented, of which we don't own one anyway. I sure would hate to go with someone up to Bangor, and have them leave me there because they had a change of plans and left early.

You take a risk when tagging along with anyone. Then again, the people taking you along are accepting some risk as well.

We have met Attroll & Tink before, but we let them come visit anyway.

Lee even convinced them to do her new cache, and she is anxiously awaiting the log!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    You take a risk when tagging along with anyone. Then again, the people taking you along are accepting some risk as well.

We have met Attroll & Tink before, but we let them come visit anyway.

Lee even convinced them to do her new cache, and she is anxiously awaiting the log!
    Was that a hint Dave. I guess I better get over to GC and log her cache. You did not mention that she casually hinted or was it nagged us to do her cache. It was well worth it though and we really enjoyed it. Well I better go log it now.
    Blazing Troll

Talking May 1000 hungry black flies infest their underroos

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    We spent over 45 minutes after the agreed upon time waiting. The person never came. They had gotten tired of siteseeing and took a bus back to the house.

My thought is this - If you agree to something together - you stick to that agreement until, together the lot of you make other plans. If something comes up & you can't reach the other party you stick to the original plan.

Unless you are pinned down & can't communicate (large boulders have that effect on people) or are in the emergency room (they don't like it when you use cellphones in there) or the ever popular - Had an unexpected staring role on "COPS" and went for an even more unexpected ride to a not so nice hotel with bars on the window & no potty privacy.

Those are pretty much the only reasons I would accept from another as a reason for diverting from the orig. plan without notification. Any other reason is just plain disrespectful & inconsiderate. I have yet to meet another cacher who was disrespectful & inconsiderate, but then again I have only met a few.

You live you learn and then you get Luvs.
    Or something like that!

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Was that a hint Dave. I guess I better get over to GC and log her cache. You did not mention that she casually hinted or was it nagged us to do her cache. It was well worth it though and we really enjoyed it. Well I better go log it now.
    Wow, you must be a slow typist! And Lee is not a patient woman!

If you're having trouble finding the cache, here's a link for you:
    Creepy Crawlers (GC1C4ZE) by msteelee (2/2)
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Wow, you must be a slow typist! And Lee is not a patient woman!

If you're having trouble finding the cache, here's a link for you:
    Creepy Crawlers (GC1C4ZE) by msteelee (2/2)
    Woops, I got side tracked and forgot. I just posted it so Lee should have it now.
    Blazing Troll