vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you save money?

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Don't forget about all those great caches in the Canaan area.
    What? There are caches in Canaan? Why didn't anyone mention this to me?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    when ffj, medawisialboaoufoeuaga, and I went down for your party jake did all the driving, and I paid for all the food. It worked out really great, but everyplace we went to served alcohol, and that jake guy drinks alot... (and just to not make jake look bad, for those of you that don't know him, he doesn't drink)

so all in all it was a pretty well worked out carpool
    I thought it worked out well too . . . I ended up going down to see Vic and family, nabbed a bunch of maps, hung out with some great friends (the real treat for the day) and did 425 miles or so (just one tank of gas) and got several great meals out of the deal . . . I'll be ready to go again and maybe do some camping when I get back from Vegas in June . . . maybe we can go up north to grab some more maps.

Incidentally . . . I do drink . . . everyday in fact . . . but what I mean to say is that I do drink alcohol on the very rare occasion . . . and my alcoholic drink of choice is Vermont's own official alcoholic drink -- Woodchucks . . . Woodchuck hard cider to be precise . . . for some reason however Foxgloves says she has never heard of this drink.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

heh, ya know, I was just thinking that same thing the other day, when we tried to find ems daniels grand lake stream cache, all we had were the coords in the gps, but decided to try and find it anyways... we wandered around for about half and hour with no luck. It made me wish I actually owned a cell phone...
    . . . or if you had me there I could have shown you right where it was . . . but alas I was elsewhere.

What did you think of GLS? I love that town . . . namely because I think it's pretty neat that you can ride around town on your ATV legally!

Default Save Money????

I thought money was to spend, to help the economy? Right, Hollora?? I do try to either pick up caches when we have to go to a destination anyway, or in Augusta when we go to Boothbay Harbor where we have family, and I only take "geocaching vacations". Last year we did Greenville and Jackman, and Stonington so far this year, stay one or two nights. And I also have a whole WEEk planned in Orrington in August! I've even just learned how to pick up caches in Boston when we have to accompany our daughter to the hospital there twice a year.

But if I wanted to save money, I'd carpool (no one here to carpool with ), TNLN or make my own inexpensive signature items, put out only micros and make my own logs for them, not buy coins or pathtags, not host events, at least not the kind that cost you money, use a small car instead of my truck. But this is my favorite hobby! To compensate, I don't drink, smoke, use any motorized toys, kayak instead of using a motor (of course you have to buy the kayak and I have 5 of them.....)

Maybe I'm not a good one to ask. I'm going to buy a Palm Pilot this week! Happy caching! Happy spending!!

PS The idea of being able to call someone when you get a DNF is good. Anyone coming to Eustis can have my home phone number, just e-mail and ask.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    . . . or if you had me there I could have shown you right where it was . . . but alas I was elsewhere.

What did you think of GLS? I love that town . . . namely because I think it's pretty neat that you can ride around town on your ATV legally!
    it's not my fault you chose to go to canadaeh instead...

i thought it was a neat lil town, the stream itself was a lil disappointing because it was literally shoulder to shoulder flyfishermen...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    I thought money was to spend, to help the economy? Right, Hollora?? I do try to either pick up caches when we have to go to a destination anyway, or in Augusta when we go to Boothbay Harbor where we have family, and I only take "geocaching vacations". Last year we did Greenville and Jackman, and Stonington so far this year, stay one or two nights. And I also have a whole WEEk planned in Orrington in August! I've even just learned how to pick up caches in Boston when we have to accompany our daughter to the hospital there twice a year.

But if I wanted to save money, I'd carpool (no one here to carpool with ), TNLN or make my own inexpensive signature items, put out only micros and make my own logs for them, not buy coins or pathtags, not host events, at least not the kind that cost you money, use a small car instead of my truck. But this is my favorite hobby! To compensate, I don't drink, smoke, use any motorized toys, kayak instead of using a motor (of course you have to buy the kayak and I have 5 of them.....)

Maybe I'm not a good one to ask. I'm going to buy a Palm Pilot this week! Happy caching! Happy spending!!

PS The idea of being able to call someone when you get a DNF is good. Anyone coming to Eustis can have my home phone number, just e-mail and ask.
    If it makes you happy, and you're able to do it, go for it. Besides, I really like your pathtag so you can keep doing those
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I like being used . . . actually I'm hoping to become a little more "social" and plan to start throwing out invites for my geocaching forays.
    Social is good. I'd sure like one of those foray invites. (as long as that Waterville guy isn't going)

i thought it was a neat lil town, the stream itself was a lil disappointing because it was literally shoulder to shoulder flyfishermen...
    I'm telling you that you've got to get over your Canadianophobia . . . they really are nice over there and the caches can be quite spectacular . . . I really, really think you guys would love the caches on Campobello Island and the camping at Cobscook Bay State Park is among the best anywhere . . . this past "busy" Memorial Day Weekend I had a lot with no one around . . . I mean the lots are spaced quite a distance from each other already, but the closest person to me was four or five lots away.

And trust me . . . when you come back to the US after a short trip over you're not suddenly talking non-stop "aboot" things like hockey and Molson. I mean look at me . . . two days and I'm still the "normal" old Jake . . . eh?

My sister in Alaska lives near the Kenai Peninsula where the salmon fishing is about the same . . . "combat fishing" they call it since the place is shoulder-to-shoulder with fishermen, folks rafting in the river and as soon as one guy lands a fish and steps away to clean it another person steps into his "vacant" spot . . . doesn't sound like much fun to me personally, but then again I'm not a fisherman (now if only I could go fishing for rib-eye . . . then I would be interested!)

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Social is good. I'd sure like one of those foray invites. (as long as that Waterville guy isn't going)
    Well at some point Hiram and I and Medawisla (I owe Hiram big time since he once did me a huge favor . . . and no it wasn't the time he paid for the pizza at UHOP . . . so I'm kinda stuck with him ) are hoping to travel up north for some caching and camping as we're slowly working on our maps . . . and we also were thinking about doing a day trip to Vinalhaven sometime this summer. We'll keep you in mind.