vb:literal>

Thread: Attention event holders!

Hybrid View

Exclamation Attention event holders!

Thank you all event holders! We all much appreciate all the planning and work during that goes into hosting an event, which we all love (except maybe FFJ...) But please help me out in getting the word around that your event is coming up:

As many of you know, I write the monthly Geocaching Maine Newsletter. It's something that does takes a bit of time, and it takes time for the Board to review it before it is published at the first of every month. In order to give the Board a reasonable amount of reviewing time, I try to have them a draft by the second to last Thursday of the month (usually the third Thursday of the month) so that I can make changes before the final version is posted for publishing the next week's Thursday (last Thursday of the month).

So...two events were recently published, and did not make it into the first draft of the newsletter (don't worry this time they did make it into a revised version!). It may be that they were published the 21/22nd, but I put out the first draft on the 21st in anticipation of needing to pack for a new season's of camping. So I appologize if this was the case. However, it would be awesome that even if you cannot publish an event by the third week for the following month, that you at least email the title and date of your event, even if it is tentative. That way, my camping and other schedules do not limit what events get out in the newsletter. Because it is my goal to make the newsletter as news oriented as possible and I really want your events known about!!

In addition, if ever there is a topic of interest discussed in the chats when I am not there, feel free to post or email me about them. This goes for chats the last Monday and Wednesdsay of the month too, if I receive them the last Thursday of the month.

Thank you everyone who's helped me with the newsletter thus far and to those who've shared words of encouragement. I want everyone to know that they are free, without offense, to email or post regarding the newsletter, because I want it to be as much of a Geocaching Maine newsletter it can be, and that can only happen if I hear from you!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Thank you all event holders! We all much appreciate all the planning and work during that goes into hosting an event, which we all love (except maybe FFJ...) But please help me out in getting the word around that your event is coming up:
    . . .
    Hey now! I may not go to a lot of events . . . other than the Tread Lightly events . . . but I do appreciate all the planning and work that goes into hosting those events and I think they provide a great way for cachers to meet others and share the knowledge.

Besides I'm thinking of hosting my own event . . . tentatively called "Really . . . there is a Heidi . . . she's not a figment of my imagination" Event at my house this Fall around the time of the Commonground Fair.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Besides I'm thinking of hosting my own event . . . tentatively called "Really . . . there is a Heidi . . . she's not a figment of my imagination" Event at my house this Fall around the time of the Commonground Fair.
    i still have my doubts. i think the photo you showed me in your wallet was in there when you bought it!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by becket View Post
    i still have my doubts. i think the photo you showed me in your wallet was in there when you bought it!
    Well the fact that Heidi's picture just happens to look like Angelina Jolie is purely a coincidence . . . and the other pic that I have with Heidi and me . . . well I know I look a lot like Brad Pitt in that picture, but you have to remember I was younger when the pic was taken.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by becket View Post
    I'll vouch for him (and Heidi) I've met Heidi on multiple occasions, and it's either the same actor that he repeatedly hires to play Heidi, or it really is her.

BTW Jake, would you reserve our usual spot for us for the CGF???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    I'll vouch for him (and Heidi) I've met Heidi on multiple occasions, and it's either the same actor that he repeatedly hires to play Heidi, or it really is her.

BTW Jake, would you reserve our usual spot for us for the CGF???
    Actually I'll probably move you over to the site right next to last year's site . . . I have another stump I need to burn.

Red face i conceed

Hey now! I may not go to a lot of events . . . other than the Tread Lightly events . . . but I do appreciate all the planning and work that goes into hosting those events and I think they provide a great way for cachers to meet others and share the knowledge.

...okay...so you love them...from a distance
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    ...okay...so you love them...from a distance
    Yeah . . . that's it . . . you know I'm not a touchy feely kind of guy!

Yeah . . . that's it . . . you know I'm not a touchy feely kind of guy!
    i dunno, after your last post about you being a sicko guy...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    i dunno, after your last post about you being a sicko guy...
    I only "peep" from a distance with binoculars though.