vb:literal>

Thread: Another loony milestone

Default Another loony milestone

Happy Birthday to ya all the way over there kayaking loon!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Yes - Happy Birthday!

happy, happy!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Cool Happy Happy

To many more! You inspire us all to keep on right on caching! Happy Birthday!!!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Default Happy Birthday

Hope you had a great day!
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

We hope you had a wonderful day

Default My Loony Birthday

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Husband asked what I wanted to do so we drove to Oquossoc and climbed Bald Mountain because I'd been wanting to do the cache Rangeley Celebration ever since it was placed there. Got there fairly early, had the mountain to ourselves. 39 degrees and a very strong NW wind so NO bugs. Took us an hour and 10 minutes to make the top. Found the cache, climbed the fire tower, took photos, rescued TBs. Took us as long to get back down as it did to get up. And you know, that mountain is taller than it was when we last climbed it 30 years ago! Mountains do that, don't they??? Had lunch at The Gingerbread House, saw three moose and came back home. And we're not stiff and sore today like we expected to be. A very good and memorable birthday! Happy caching!!!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    Thanks for the birthday wishes! Husband asked what I wanted to do so we drove to Oquossoc and climbed Bald Mountain because I'd been wanting to do the cache Rangeley Celebration ever since it was placed there. Got there fairly early, had the mountain to ourselves. 39 degrees and a very strong NW wind so NO bugs. Took us an hour and 10 minutes to make the top. Found the cache, climbed the fire tower, took photos, rescued TBs. Took us as long to get back down as it did to get up. And you know, that mountain is taller than it was when we last climbed it 30 years ago! Mountains do that, don't they??? Had lunch at The Gingerbread House, saw three moose and came back home. And we're not stiff and sore today like we expected to be. A very good and memorable birthday! Happy caching!!!
    Ahh yeah, I've had some experiences on that Mt. a few times... like snowshoeing up in the middle of the night during a snowstorm, riding piggyback on an MV7 with the trail being all ice, taking a service truck down the road sideways (unintentionally) It's memories like that, that make me miss servicing those stupid cell towers...

Glad you had a good time on your birthday!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.