vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RE: Tell me that I'm not a sicko perv . . . please!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    speakin of certain caches, when are ya pickin me up to go drive up to parmachenees new cache on mt waldo????
    I'm thinking that sometime in June . . . maybe towards the latter part of it . . . we should hook up and go north to the County for some caching and camping . . . and knock off a few more of the maps that we both need to nab . . . maybe on the way up we could swing by this one and you could convince me to drive up the mountain (although I have to tell you I'm not sure I have the cajones to go up this one.)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

When I placed my cache on Mt. Waldo, I drove the Subaru 1/3/ of the way up the ledge. Decided I was being really rough on the clutch and turned around (not fun, steep angle sideways!).
    If I can get the Subaru that far up, you guys with real 4x4s shouldn't have any trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    When I placed my cache on Mt. Waldo, I drove the Subaru 1/3/ of the way up the ledge. Decided I was being really rough on the clutch and turned around (not fun, steep angle sideways!).
    If I can get the Subaru that far up, you guys with real 4x4s shouldn't have any trouble
    Sure Andy . . . shame me into it.

Honestly I have no doubt that the 4Runner is capable of it . . . it really is a SUV that is meant to go off-road . . . it's just mind over matter . . . and my mind isn't accustomed to those steep angles and I keep envisioning myself rolling the vehicle and then having to call up my wife to explain that I totaled the $24,000 vehicle while going up a mountainside to find a $1 McHappy Meal toy.

I supposed I could always let Hiram take the steering wheel since his alter ego is DareDevil . . . the geocacher without fear (and commonsense). However, after reading of his adventures on Harris Mountain a few years back with the dearly departed Jeep I'm not so sure that would be a good idea either!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Sure Andy . . . shame me into it.

Honestly I have no doubt that the 4Runner is capable of it . . . it really is a SUV that is meant to go off-road . . . it's just mind over matter . . . and my mind isn't accustomed to those steep angles and I keep envisioning myself rolling the vehicle and then having to call up my wife to explain that I totaled the $24,000 vehicle while going up a mountainside to find a $1 McHappy Meal toy.

I supposed I could always let Hiram take the steering wheel since his alter ego is DareDevil . . . the geocacher without fear (and commonsense). However, after reading of his adventures on Harris Mountain a few years back with the dearly departed Jeep I'm not so sure that would be a good idea either!
    jake... you worry too much! if a 2wheel drive service van can make it up, you can too!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

jake... you worry too much! if a 2wheel drive service van can make it up, you can too!
    2wheel drive service van? I doubt it!!!. We went up over it in TRF's Toyota and that was quite the road. Heck your Jeep didn't make it..... They dismantled the firetower a week or two after we made it to the top.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    2wheel drive service van? I doubt it!!!. We went up over it in TRF's Toyota and that was quite the road. Heck your Jeep didn't make it..... They dismantled the firetower a week or two after we made it to the top.
    not that one dingy, mt waldo

OOOPS!!! Yep you're right about the dingy part.....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post

LOL,,,I drove to the top of Mt. Waldo twice too. Traction isn't the issue, clearance is.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    LOL,,,I drove to the top of Mt. Waldo twice too. Traction isn't the issue, clearance is.
    that nice flat granite is fun stuff to drive on, I've driven up and down bald mt. over in lucerne quite a few times (heh, and a couple times with the boss's street stock truck, which didn't do too bad but plow rig on the front got in the way a few times...)

ya gotta watch out for the dips and the pan busters...

(heh, luckily though, the biggest dip is usually behind the wheel...)

(heh, luckily though, the biggest dip is usually behind the wheel...)
    Couldn't have said it better....about you that is.