vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RE: OK, I'll be the first to ask . . .

Default RE: OK, I'll be the first to ask . . .

What happened to the site? I went to the site this a.m. for my daily fix -- I mean to check in with folks and I found a banner proclaiming that I was banned for life or something to that effect -- figured I had finally overstepped the prim and proper boundaries with my tale of the two lovers . . . at least until I called Hollora and she said that she also was experiencing some issues . . . well, I mean to say, the website was down for her as well.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

The story was too exciting and the internet just couldn't handle it. Between the icky PDA couple and whatever might have been hitching a ride on you after all that bushwacking, I had to take a shower after I read it!
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

I haven't talked to Rick, but I suspect that we have enough people visiting that we are bumping up against the bandwidth limits and Rick is pitching in to raise the limits when it happens. It was out yesterday morning too. Hope we can get some coin raised for the auction coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kacky View Post
    The story was too exciting and the internet just couldn't handle it. Between the icky PDA couple and whatever might have been hitching a ride on you after all that bushwacking, I had to take a shower after I read it!
    Geez . . . now I feel dirty.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Rick sent me a quick email stating the suspended account issue was the result of a misunderstanding while fixing some server issues.

However, we do need to do our part to help this site stay up and pay it's own way. I think this site is a great service to the community and a nice place for us to share our ideas. Donations are always welcome, and if anyone has an idea on how to otherwise help raise funds, speak up!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Rick sent me a quick email stating the suspended account issue was the result of a misunderstanding while fixing some server issues.

However, we do need to do our part to help this site stay up and pay it's own way. I think this site is a great service to the community and a nice place for us to share our ideas. Donations are always welcome, and if anyone has an idea on how to otherwise help raise funds, speak up!
    Didn't we try and do this a few months ago, and rick told us that there was no need to do so?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Didn't we try and do this a few months ago, and rick told us that there was no need to do so?
    I think he was saying there hopefully is no need to place out site on it's own servers, which would be expensive, we should still pay our share for the space and bandwidth where we are now.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I think he was saying there hopefully is no need to place out site on it's own servers, which would be expensive, we should still pay our share for the space and bandwidth where we are now.
    yeah, but rick said that there's no need to do that,

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Final note on this. I am going to leave the bandwidth at what it is now. If we reach the limit it is set at now then we are going to have to work on something. It is set above what it was. When we reach it then everyone will know...
    and that he was making ends meet with what he had from donations, and he hasn't posted yet that he needs anything. and from his other post on the last thread about this topic..
    Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    One of my concerns was about getting to many people sponsoring the web site and raising more then $500 per year. As I said I am not running the web site to make money. With much thought I have come to the conclusion that if we make more then the allotted $500 that we want then I will keep it in the account I have and it will be used for some of the other things that I have been paying for out of my pocket for the web site and some other things I have been working on for the web site and its promotion. I can report to the board members if there is any ammount over what we are trying to raise here and we can decide what to do with it.
    I'm sure that if he needs, he will ask, and we shall respond, but I think that before we hit the panic button and flood Rick with our concerns, I think we should wait and see what he has to say about the situation
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    I'm sure that if he needs, he will ask, and we shall respond, but I think that before we hit the panic button and flood Rick with our concerns, I think we should wait and see what he has to say about the situation
    I'm not trying to flood the site with panic, I'm trying to get a few people to donate! Whether Rick is getting by or not, a few extra bucks is never a bad thing!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

I get irritated when I try to log on and can't. I also thought My account was suspended. I emailed Cache Maine and they let me know it was everyone that couldn't log on. For 3 days I got the BANDWIDTH issue and then the canceled account. I don't understand what all that means but if it's a $$$ issue ........
    JUST DONATE PEOPLE .... IT's 1 gallon of gas, 1 pack of cigarettes, 1 six pack. If we can't give up $5.00 to help keep this site UP and RUNNING on a Daily basis, Then how can we afford to cache ????? We get people spamming on here for FREE, and Insulting FFJ for free . If they had to be a donating member they couldn't bud in just to spam, etc....
    I don't want to piss anyone off,... again, but think about it, IT"S AN ISSUE THAT NEEDS TO BE TAKEN CARE OF !!!!!
    LOVE,
    Opalsns