vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cheapest way to get into trackables?

Hybrid View

Default cheapest way to get into trackables?

so, I've looked around and it seems like all the trackables are pretty expensive, plus then you still have to pay groundspeak to register the item for the tracking feature.

so what's the dealio? mint it yerself and track on your own personal website? any hints on making/registering on the cheap?

sorry to ask such a neo-cacher ??

You can create your own item and attach a Travel Bug Tag to it and use that as a trackable.
    Blazing Troll

I agree with Attroll.

To make a trackable, you at least have to attach a travel bug tag, which costs about $6 a set - cheaper if you buy 4 or more. And the travel bug itself can be nearly anything - something you already have around the house.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I agree with Attroll.

To make a trackable, you at least have to attach a travel bug tag, which costs about $6 a set - cheaper if you buy 4 or more. And the travel bug itself can be nearly anything - something you already have around the house.
    Heck, you can even use a cinderblock

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    Heck, you can even use a cinderblock
    Sheesh! "Cindy" hasn't been heard of since October of last year. I hope she isn't in the wall of someone's house...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! "Cindy" hasn't been heard of since October of last year. I hope she isn't in the wall of someone's house...
    The cache that Cindy is at has been archived. It looks like Cindy is in her final resting spot unless someone goes to retrieve her.
    Blazing Troll

if i ever came out of the woods with a cinder block tb my wife would think i was crazy. i do know of a bowling ball used as one. we just recently bought some and it is cheaper to buy more then just one we also bought some coins as well. we attached one of our youngest's toys to it.(a small train engine that is no bigger then a matchbox car) some people also put unactivated tags in new caches as a first to find prize. maybe you could find one that way

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    if i ever came out of the woods with a cinder block tb my wife would think i was crazy.
    Well, BRDAD kept "Cindy" long enough to glue one of his signature picture marbles to the top! LOL! And we relocated "Cindy" from Maine to New Hampshire one time. Passed it off to a well-known NH cacher named Cindy, too!

Kayaking loon - thanks for pointing out that site. You are correct. Those tags are free and are trackable on the Traveler Tag page. I put a few of those out when I first started and they traveled a bit. Most have gone MIA for a while - but never give up hope.

These are worth a try and little is invested except to print the tag, laminate it and attach it to your item.

I put out a feeler about Cindy down here in one of the NC forums and am waiting for a reply to see if anyone knows it's whereabouts.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.