vb:literal>

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: kid friendly?

Please bring them up to my Geo Zoo.......not for the swag inside, but for the kid friendly animals, easy finds, and general learning environment to teach them about geocaching and how to use a GPS. The zoo was intended to introduce people to geocaching and we'd love to have you come up with your family.

Dan has prepared a day long experience for the family. Combine that, after bug season, with a few of the other caches in Orrington (3 of which are on public lands with picnic tables) and you have a wonderful, fun filled, day of caching within the town. Thank you Dan for putting out this wonderful series.

we will be doing the geo zoo at some point this summer and we look forward to it. now according to this web site for maine geocaching stats there is only 22 containers marked as LARGE there are many more regular size but i think the idea i had was to get more people to place a few more large sized containers for the kids (big kids or small kids).

Default Kid friendly

I will be placing New Kid friendly caches in the Calais ME./St. Stephen N.B. area over the next few weeks. I would have them out there now but the Weather hasn't cooperated with my days off. I hope to have the first one out and published by this weekend. It wil be a 2 part multi cache in Calais.

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    we will be doing the geo zoo at some point this summer and we look forward to it. now according to this web site for maine geocaching stats there is only 22 containers marked as LARGE there are many more regular size but i think the idea i had was to get more people to place a few more large sized containers for the kids (big kids or small kids).
    22 is the correct number. Of those, 4 have been archived. Only 12 of those are less than a 2.5 terrain. So that's not many large containers for the kids. Conversely, there are 835 micros in Maine. A slight imbalance there!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I forgot to mention the other cache in Canaan that's awesome...
    BEANIE BABY CACHE ... easy and for KIDS!!!!!!!!! You gotta head this way sometime.
    Opalsns

It's only seasonal but next year - a must do for kids = Gob-ler's Christmas Cache......now that's big!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    22 is the correct number. Of those, 4 have been archived. Only 12 of those are less than a 2.5 terrain. So that's not many large containers for the kids. Conversely, there are 835 micros in Maine. A slight imbalance there!
    But a lot of those "regular" caches are pretty big. If you've done Laughing Terry's Jackson Pond Cache, you'll know that this "regular cache" is BIG, and filled with goodies. (Definitely "kid friendly")

OMGosh WhereRWe? - you are so very right about Laughing Terry's JPC.......that one is so MUCH fun!!! And huge! What a fun cache.

And then - of a similar size but not hidden the same way is The Relic - by Cache Maine..........that one is one of the largest (for an Ammo Box) I have seen in a container, too.

Oh - another which is nice is Gift Giver by Quilting Mike & Mom but in the University Forest. You have to go prepared to swap a wrapped gift.

Talking Ahem

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post

Oh - another which is nice is Gift Giver by Quilting Mike & Mom but in the University Forest. You have to go prepared to swap a wrapped gift.
    Yes The Gift-Giver (GC16WRP) by Quilting mom and MIke (1.5/2) is a great cache for kids. However LA Mike doesn't quilt.
    Happy Trails!