vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Series

Default Favorite Series

What is your favorite series in Maine?

My favorite series in Maine would have to be a series collaborated by Hollora, Cache Maine, and Becket. The Maine Rose Series. These caches were placed each with great discription and ease for everyone. We have not found all of them as of yet, but the ones we have found have always brought us to a nice place. These three geocachers have our compliments for their efforts. Thanks for making these caches for us to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post

My favorite series in Maine would have to be a series collaborated by Hollora, Cache Maine, and Becket. The Maine Rose Series. These caches were placed each with great discription and ease for everyone. We have not found all of them as of yet, but the ones we have found have always brought us to a nice place. These three geocachers have our compliments for their efforts. Thanks for making these caches for us to enjoy.
    They are some of the NICEST folks you could meet too!!!!And they LOVE caching and stay true to the game. Another one of the best people is EMSDANEL. He'a an angel!!!!! Try to make it top Hollora's event in Ellsworth next Weekend. You'll meet all these awesome people!!!!!!!
    Hope to see you there!!!!!
    Opalsns

If you get up Bangor way EMS Daniel's Geo Zoo series is really nice.

At least I enjoyed it.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post

Awwww...thanks! A lot of thought went into that series and it's nice to hear that they are being enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    They are some of the NICEST folks you could meet too!!!!And they LOVE caching and stay true to the game. Another one of the best people is EMSDANEL. He'a an angel!!!!! Try to make it top Hollora's event in Ellsworth next Weekend. You'll meet all these awesome people!!!!!!!
    Hope to see you there!!!!!
    Opalsns
    So sweet, thank you!

We won't be making the event in Ellsworth next weekend as one of our work schedules clearly conflicts and the other work schedule is a wee bit over burdened with extra work right now. I (Sarah) am definately looking forward to the end of the school year and more caching time

We are looking forward to getting up to Bangor this summer and doing the Geozoo . . . we were hoping to do it after CITO event in May but the weather just wasn't cooperating.

We have started on the picture this series and so far we like but wwe have only done one.

I have been eying some of the Progressive Challenges in New Hampshire bu we haven't made it over to do one yet.

We also like doing a dalmation or card or two when we are going to do other caches.

The most memorable series I have done is the now archived Northern Maine Woods Virtual Tour - Maine's first extensive cache series. While a few of the stops may have appeared mundane, the series as a whole took enough effort that made it memorable and the journey along the way was what this series was all about. It makes it more of an accomplishment for Lee and I since we were only two of no more than six cachers who found all 7 stages of this cache in the 5 years that the series was available. Those that passed up #6 missed out on an interesting stop.

While not by series by name, we have enjoyed the puzzle caches of Laughing Terry's that we have done. Most are distinctly memorable, which is a good feature of a series. All the puzzles are different, and the hides vary as well.

The zoo series is a nice one for kids. Especially since all the caches are in one area accessible from one parking location.

Of the series that have many caches, The Maine Rose and Rt. 2 Tour are at the top. I think the hides for those have been done less haphazardly, most likely because they were hidden by a select number of cachers. We still have some more to do on each of those. The problem I have with the larger series is that it's hard for an individual stop to be memorable. I may remember that one of the "Beers of the World" series was near a nice pond, but I won't remember it was "Beers of the World #156 - Cuvée Ermesinde", and I probably won't even remember where is was.

Personally, I would rather see the smaller series be multis than separate caches. But, I know that would cut down on the number of people who would look for it; why fnd one 10 stage multi when you can get 10 smileys?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Favorite Series

At the top of my list in the Messalonskee Trail series. Took me 5 separate trips to get them all and I plan on going back with Di this fall and doing them again this fall.

EMSdanel's zoo series is a must for you folks with kids or who are kids at heart.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default Favorites

The Maine Rose Series should be recommended to all new cachers, easy to find and large enough to contain goodies!

And for those of you who like to cache in Central Maine, or mapachiland as it is now called, Patrick's Apple series offers a wide range of caches, some easy some very tricky all in nice spots.

My thanks to all of you folks who put out these fine caches!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

In the China Lake area we have the Hanson Road Explorers' "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", "Goldie Locks And The Three Bears" and all those "Hummingbirds" .... all fun series caches.

Cool Reviving thread for Newlsetter

Let's keep the thread going, it'll be featured in the July Newsletter.

I like the Messkalonski Trail series and the Zoo series--one parking location and lots to see and find!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods