vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Series

China Lake ones were some of my favorites - but close to home, of course, the Zoo.

Default Motivation

This thread got me thinking about what I want to do for "me" time and I came up with the idea of biking for some caches. The series I picked is "Route 2 - Mystery Tour." I have three of them at the eastern end and will do the rest by bike. Now I just have to figure out how to carry my gear because it will take a couple of days.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Cool what an idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    This thread got me thinking about what I want to do for "me" time and I came up with the idea of biking for some caches. The series I picked is "Route 2 - Mystery Tour." I have three of them at the eastern end and will do the rest by bike. Now I just have to figure out how to carry my gear because it will take a couple of days.

Thanks for the inspiration!
    Awesome! When are you doing this tour? I wish I had a bike, and stamina!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

While not a series per say I would highly recommend the Delorme Challenge and the Natural and Unique Delorme College Cache series by TAT. No matter how you do those two caches you wind up in special places and have lots and lots of memories.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

I've gotta agree with Dick. Delorme Challenge was amazing, rekindling my excitement about geocaching and seeing ALL of Maine!

Love the idea of biking a distance . . . but not all of our crew would like/enjoy that.

We are thinking of the Delorme Challenge but there are some parts of the Map that I wouldn't want to haul the kids with us for . . . just too long in the car for a cache or two. I am working on finding other stuff to do/reasons for going to certain places.

Talking another reason to go camping

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    Love the idea of biking a distance . . . but not all of our crew would like/enjoy that.

We are thinking of the Delorme Challenge but there are some parts of the Map that I wouldn't want to haul the kids with us for . . . just too long in the car for a cache or two. I am working on finding other stuff to do/reasons for going to certain places.
    Hiram and I like to camp, so we've been covering maps and helping friends cover maps by camping in different regions of the state.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

We Like To Camp But With Three Young Ones Its Hard. We Did Another Of The Maine Rose Series Yesterday And Also Got Another 2001 Cache.