vb:literal>

Thread: RE: Palm question

Default RE: Palm question

Maybe someone can help me here . . . I've downloaded/hotsynched my GSAK program to Cachemate on my Palm this week as I have always done and I get a message about a change being detected in the files on the memory card and that the card will be scanned for new/updated records as I always do, but now I'm getting another pop-up message that says "Select Import Category"

File/Database:
    /PALM/Launcher/Cachetest.pdb (Cachetest is the name of my file on CM)

Database: Default (only choice)

Category: Unfiled, Benchmarks, Found, Not Found, Owned, Edit Categories . . . I currently have this on unfiled

All new records from the named file will be created under the selected category.

If I check OK, it then imports the new file from GSAK (OK, so far), but now it is no longer including the last few log entries (which I sometimes find useful) and everytime I leave CM and then return I get the message about a change being detected in the files on the memory card and the card will be scanned for new/updated records (as though I had just hotsynched/downloaded a new GSAK file) . . . at this point all the updated info (i.e. inactive caches, active caches) seems to be good, but I'm kind of missing having the latest log entries and having to have the program "spool" up by importing the files every time I leave the program and then come back to it is kind of annoying.

Any suggestions?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I'm not sure because I use CM in the main memory, not on the card, but could it be because you have removed the card and put it back in?

Or, it could be that if it is on the card, maybe the palm does something to the file making CM think it has been changed.

Including the log entries is an option when you create the PDB file, whether you do it from the CM converter or GSAK. Check out the config screen before you create the file.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I would post the exact question that you have stated here in the GSAK forums. There will certainly be someone there who could possibly solve your dilema. http://gsak.net/board/
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Wink Palm

This technical problem is easily resolved. First of all, Palm is a type of tree you see in tropical climates. It can also be used to keep track of appointments if you don't have secretaries. Other then that, it's useless, won't work in cold weather and is another "thing" you have to lug around if your married to old tech stuff, like Magellan's. leave the Palm in one of your ammo boxes. It makes great swag.

Along comes Garmin with the Colorado 400, kind of like one stop shopping. Has the cache description, logs , hints, the whole enchilada right on the screen!!!!!! Time to update FFJ!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Maybe someone can help me here . . . I've downloaded/hotsynched my GSAK program to Cachemate on my Palm this week as I have always done and I get a message about a change being detected in the files on the memory card and that the card will be scanned for new/updated records as I always do, but now I'm getting another pop-up message that says "Select Import Category"

File/Database:
    /PALM/Launcher/Cachetest.pdb (Cachetest is the name of my file on CM)

Database: Default (only choice)

Category: Unfiled, Benchmarks, Found, Not Found, Owned, Edit Categories . . . I currently have this on unfiled

All new records from the named file will be created under the selected category.

If I check OK, it then imports the new file from GSAK (OK, so far), but now it is no longer including the last few log entries (which I sometimes find useful) and everytime I leave CM and then return I get the message about a change being detected in the files on the memory card and the card will be scanned for new/updated records (as though I had just hotsynched/downloaded a new GSAK file) . . . at this point all the updated info (i.e. inactive caches, active caches) seems to be good, but I'm kind of missing having the latest log entries and having to have the program "spool" up by importing the files every time I leave the program and then come back to it is kind of annoying.

Any suggestions?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default My isssue

Sometimes I have a glitch and the data base does not import the overview info. It usually happens when I try to download 2000-3000 waypoints at one time.

Or try to create a new database. I call my 3. Maine, NH, and Vermont. I can easily choose which database to look at by going to options. It is easier to look at just one state, versus all 3 and 5000 caches. I download each one seperately. Maine into the units stored memory, and NH and Vermont onto the card.

How big of a memory card do you use?
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.