vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Delorme PN-20

Angry Delorme PN-20

The story continues..... Well I have finnally heard back from Delorme after a week and they are saying that the unit is not defective and that they want me to pay to fix their piece of crap. When I spoke to the Technical Support Manager and he states that the seals are not defective and will not repair the unit and wants me to pay to fix this unit. When I adresses the fact that this issues did happen and the cover was not loose he did not have an answer and would not do anything to assist me just state that the unit is not defective. At this point I would definatly not reccomend buying anything from Delorme and will probally be selling all the extra's that I have bought and never deal with Delorme again as the company sucks and I wish I had returned the unit the first time I had trouble instead of trying to work with them to get it working up to snuff. Garmin is a far better unit and I will be saving up to buy a new Garmin.

Anyone Looking for parts for a PN-20 cause it looks like I have a new TB in the works. The Delorme Sux TB.

I am trying to escalate this further but doubt I will get anywhere so when that is complete I will be putting up all the goodies that I have that are still working.

Well I got my GPS back from them and it has water in it after sitting with them for a week and they tested it under water and stated that not a drop of water got into it. So my question is how can the test it and say it is not getting water in but still have water in the unit?

grrrr

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Well I got my GPS back from them and it has water in it after sitting with them for a week and they tested it under water and stated that not a drop of water got into it. So my question is how can the test it and say it is not getting water in but still have water in the unit?

grrrr
    Rob

I know you sound disgruntle but if you picked the unit up from them and you can see it has water in it then why did you not point that out to them? If you received it in the mail and it has water in it then I would bring it back to them and show them the water in it.
    Blazing Troll

Some people are just stubborn as Rob seems to be but if it were me I would just bring it back if not satisfied and get my money back. Sometimes if you get a lemon then all you get is lemonade.....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I certainly can understand Robert's frustration as many businesses don't care much about customer service anymore. There is a point after many calls and trips to somewhere that it just isn't worth it. I just wish there was someway to prove to a company that their decision not to help is hurting them. Too bad Robert couldn't copy and paste this entire thread and the total amount of members that potentially read it. I had trouble with VIP a year and a half ago just because they wanted me to show ID for a $11 credit card purchase. I wrote a letter and mentioned how some stores don't even have you sign for under $25 and what about all the self serve counters where no one even sees your credit card. They wrote back and said too bad. I wrote back again and said I would never use their store again. They actually wrote back and said "so?" I now mail them receipts when I buy tires from Pep Boys. It makes me feel good but it won't ever get me anything except a stamp bill. Just a we're sorry would have kept me as a customer. Roberts experience would make me wonder if I would buy from Delorme.

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    At this point I would definatly not reccomend buying anything from Delorme and will probally be selling all the extra's that I have bought and never deal with Delorme again as the company sucks and I wish I had returned the unit the first time I had trouble instead of trying to work with them to get it working up to snuff.
    I've had bad experiences with Delorme as well. (We have one GeocachingMaine.org member who works for Delorme - I hope he's monitoring this thread.)

I had a problem with "Street Atlas", so I took my laptop to Delorme to have them look at it. After being "triaged" through the staff at the shop, they brought out 2 techs, who couldn't figure out the problem either. I came away disappointed, but eventually found the answer in an internet forum. I was also surprised that they weren't too concerned about the problem. Seems to me that a company that write a software package would want to figure out how to fix a bug!

Sheesh!

I did try to take it back in and show members of the Delorme Staff but they were only the people that are in the map store so they could have cared less nor would they confirm my claim. Unfurtunatly there tech support people are ony there when I have to be at work so I can not talk to anyone their other than by phone. I am hoping that I will be able to talk to someone in management and explain all this again but I am not hopefull.

I wish I had returned it on the first sign of trouble instead of trying to work with them to make this work but I am too much of an optimist thinking that they would make it right. Well I have learned a hard lesson, in trusting that they were the good campany that they appeared to be.

I would have had someone in the map store view the issue and then gotten there name and then contacted tech support and gave them the persons name that verified that there was water still in the unit.

What's done is done now. Sorry to see you have had such bad luck. I love my PN-20 and would still recommend it to someone else.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    I certainly can understand Robert's frustration as many businesses don't care much about customer service anymore. There is a point after many calls and trips to somewhere that it just isn't worth it. I just wish there was someway to prove to a company that their decision not to help is hurting them. Too bad Robert couldn't copy and paste this entire thread and the total amount of members that potentially read it. I had trouble with VIP a year and a half ago just because they wanted me to show ID for a $11 credit card purchase. I wrote a letter and mentioned how some stores don't even have you sign for under $25 and what about all the self serve counters where no one even sees your credit card. They wrote back and said too bad. I wrote back again and said I would never use their store again. They actually wrote back and said "so?" I now mail them receipts when I buy tires from Pep Boys. It makes me feel good but it won't ever get me anything except a stamp bill. Just a we're sorry would have kept me as a customer. Roberts experience would make me wonder if I would buy from Delorme.
    oooh, I haven't thought of doing that. I had a huge tiff with VIP and I think I will send them my Pep Boys receipts as well. Overcharged, and then they screamed my debit card number and personal info out loud for all to hear. I also reported them on ripoffreport.com for the overcharge.

As to Delorme, what a disappointment. They seemed like they really wanted the geocachers' business. Meanwhile, why won't their maps work on Garmin units, is that Delorme's decision or Garmin's?
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Quote Originally Posted by Kacky View Post
    As to Delorme, what a disappointment. They seemed like they really wanted the geocachers' business. Meanwhile, why won't their maps work on Garmin units, is that Delorme's decision or Garmin's?
    I think it had something to do with copyright issues as to why one GPS can not use the others software. That is just a guess though.
    Blazing Troll